Value of this stainless Mini-14 w/factory folding stock?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David45

Bearcat
I was digging into the back of my safe and found a stainless Mini-14 in .223 with the factory folding stock and thought it might be a good trade item for a new interest. I was offered $700 but see from looking around this forum that it may have some collector interest.

I bought it new in the box in 1989 and took it out shooting once (box is now long gone). It is in near mint condition with only a couple minor safe dings in the wood stock. Serial # 185- *****

Please let me know if this is a shooter or just good trading material.

Thanks for your informed responses.

David45

Bearcat
I'm a little long in the tooth so picture posting has eluded me in the past. Is there an easy way to do that here without opening an account somewhere?

I was considering an easy face to face trade but don't really know the gun's value and, truth be told, I have almost always regretted selling a firearm. There was this S&W 25-5 once................he won't sell it back dang it!

David45

Bearcat
South Florida. I do know how to send a picture by e-mail and would be willing to sell it to a proper collector. Please PM me if anyone is seriously interested.

The shop that wants it for $700 said it's only value is the stock, but some info here suggests a Ruger collector may see it differently. I really wouldn't like this rifle to be chopped for parts if someone finds it worth saving.

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
If you check Gunbroker have seen the stocks alone sell for $650.00 if in great condition, the stainless is more scarce than the blued version.

Have seen whole guns go for $1,200. As the gun shop what they intend to sell if for....

David45

Bearcat
Guys, I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I did the trade today after finding out the rifle was not the GB(?) version. What I really didn't like was the lack of ability to use an optic on a solid mount. Maybe I fell for some hooey and may have gotten more $$$ but...

I wanted to make room and offset the cost on a new Arsenal SLR 107FR before the import ban got expanded to include all AK varient imports. And if the DEMs take the White House worse firearms legislation may be in the offing.

Thanks for your interest.