Value of Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Danny

Single-Sixer
Can someone tell me what might be the value of a used .22 Single Six with .22 LR and .22 Mag Cylinders? It's a blue 6-1/2", no box, in "as new" condition, almost never shot. and certainly not in the last 15 years. When I bought it, my brother bought a 5-1/2" Stainless at the same time. I really just loved the balance of the 5-1/2" because of the additional weight of the steel butt and told him that if he ever sold it, to sell it to me. Well, I bought it from him two days ago and will probably get rid of mine. I don't need two.

Thanks,

Danny

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
The best way to get good info would be to post the serial number. Or at least most of it. (Example; 20-123XX) That way we could date it and know more about it. Plus,, the info asked for above helps too.

Danny

Single-Sixer
GRAMPS 51":lywl86ct said:
Hi is it an old model or new model adjustible sights or fixed it all makes a differance in the value

GRAMPS

Ok, yes, I forgot about that stuff. I tend to forget that non-adjustable sight models exist, so I didn't clarify. It's got adjustable sights. It's a new model, probably from the early 90s, maybe the late 80s.

Danny

Danny

Single-Sixer
contender":399g0ft0 said:
Welcome to the Forum!
The best way to get good info would be to post the serial number. Or at least most of it. (Example; 20-123XX) That way we could date it and know more about it. Plus,, the info asked for above helps too.

I'll have to dig it out of the safe tomorrow and look that info. up. It's a bit late and I'm a little tired. Thanks for the help so far.

Danny

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok, since you mentioned it's from the late 1980's to the early 1990's,, it helps a lot.
It's a NM, and I'd venture to say it's just like a current production model. UNLESS it has some "oddities" on it such as a "D" in the serial number,,, or an "S" or a "Star" on the gripframe etc. So,, unless it has oddities,, I'd value it the same as a current production gun. Now, w/o the box, papers etc, it's an "excellent condition, used" gun. Check places in your area to see what gun shops & pawn shops are asking for them. It'll give you a better idea as to local values.

Danny

Single-Sixer
Dan, as well as others,
Thanks for the help with the value of the pistol.,

Danny