Value of Single-Six Box?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AR-Trvlr

Bearcat
I recently picked up a 'user' single-six that came with the OEM box and papers. Generally decent shape, but some damage along one edge. Does it have any value? The S/N is written on the box, so it may ruin any collector interest.

Honestly I doubt that the pistol will ever have any collector value, and the box will likely be damaged if I keep it, so if it's of value of someone I'd rather pass it along...

P2043794_zpst4roxdgh.jpg

P2043789_zpsfi4nrd8i.jpg

P2043791_zpsbnjqaqwf.jpg

street

Hunter
Ruger never threw anything away. They shipped 9 1/2 in. Single-Six convertibles in left over Hawkeye boxes. Boy! That Single-Six would have to be mint and mean a lot to the person owning it to not steam the label off the end of the box and sell it as a Hawkeye box. :shock:

contender

Ruger Guru
Does it have value? Absolutely. Notice the interest above! It's an older two piece auto box with a stick on paste over label. An odd one,,, and desirable to collectors.

AR-Trvlr

Bearcat
So, since it has value, what would be the range of fair values when I sell it? I'm not trying to get every last penny, but don't want to get taken, either.

IMO the label , although unusual, adds no value to a collector as we collect boxes with guns and the NM gun has no collector value in this case. The value = that of a normal mark i box. Here is one for reference though it sold as a best offer which you cant tell the offer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ruger-Target-Pistol-Empty-Box-Used-/301801487980?hash=item4644c53e6c:g:xZQAAOSwhcJWL4y5

Here's another that went for just over 100

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-Mark-I-T-678-22-LR-Target-6-7-8-Pistol-revolver-gun-box-w-Manual-/141868240992?hash=item2108019060:g:VSsAAOSwHaBWicar

chet15

Hawkeye
What is the serial number of the Single-Six? I keep notes on that kind of stuff and haven't actually seen many of the Mark I boxes with a NM Single-Six label on the end.
Ruger started off using two-piece Single-Six boxes for their NM production so I wonder if the sn on this gun puts it as one of the last two-piece boxes that were used.
Chet15