Value of NIB Model 77 in 22 Hornet?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
A close friend of mine is trying to trade me out of a AR10 in 308. Mr. Paul has an unfired wood stock blue Model 77 in 22 Hornet that has been in the safe for 10 or 12 years. I think the rifle came with mounts and rings. He has the original box and all of the paperwork. Neither one of us has any idea as to the value of this rifle. We are trying to establish a fair value for his 22 Hornet and I am asking for your input. Should I accept this rifle on trade I will offer it for sale on this forum. I am not trying to make any money on the Model 77. If whatever price established is satisfactory with Mr. Paul then I will offer it for sale for that same price. Any input on the value is greatly appreciated.

Sagebrush Burns

Single-Sixer
Just a heads-up FYI - the Ruger 77/22 Hornets are notoriously inconsistent accuracy wise. Some are good, some definitely are not.

Exploded

Bearcat
Sagebrush Burns said:
Just a heads-up FYI - the Ruger 77/22 Hornets are notoriously inconsistent accuracy wise. Some are good, some definitely are not.

The question was on value,not accuracy.The Hornet will shoot as well as others with a little effort !