Value of New Model photo gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Was reading thru the latest copy of RENE and admiring the amount of work and effort put forth to track down the guns covered in. "When Guns Really Can Talk".

Was wondering if there is any additional value associated with new model (single action revolvers) that were used in distributor or factory photo ads?

And if so, what that added value would be?

Thanks!

I would believe that such a gun would be so rare as to be "worth" whatever a serious (fanatic?) collector might offer.

Not trying to avoid the question, just observing that such a gun would only have appeal to a few dedicated collectors of Ruger ephemera and as such are beyond "classifying". When I say "have appeal" I really mean "be willing to pay whatever it takes".

The other side of that coin is if, somehow, a person had such a gun and didn't realize its significance, that piece might be purchased for no more than an everyday example. Such things do happen.

JMHO
:)

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, to pay a premium,,, the gun needs to be a desirable type of collectible one. Then you need to have the accompanying photos or magazines etc. Sell the "package" so to speak. A serious collector will pay for such stuff IF it's a verifiable type of package. I have several B&W glossies from factory promo shots. I'd love to match up a gun with any of them.
And, often, a picture or magazine will have a "prototype" or whatever, then the actual production can be a bit different.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
I agree with Ale & contender.

I was lucky enough to buy the only known "U" marked NVB34-50, NM/FT, serial# U520-00515, it was produced on 1-21-2005 one week before the Shot Show was held on 1-28/31-2005.

Now if I could find some one with pictures of that gun at the 2005 Shot Show I would sure like to get a copy of it, and would being very willing to pay for it. Only adds to the package, and the value would be between to two party's. JMHO.

Terry