Value of MkII stainless?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AZSR9fan

Bearcat
What do think the value would be of a stainless MkII, 5.5 inch bull barrel with a serial number that places it around 1988-1989?

The condition looks excellent (around 95 out of 100) with just a couple of surface scratches that look like they might have come from holstering and unholstering in an Uncle Mike's.

Like some folks on the forum, I think I might prefer the MkII over the MkIII, but I want "the experts opinion" before I buy. Thanks!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
varoadking":3kyya07d said:
$275-ish...

I think everyone would like to find them still priced $275ish. But with the increase in demand for these because for one they are no longer made , and two , a ton of people don't care for the replacement (MkIII) you would be doing good to get one under $375ish.

I bought my 5.5 stainless bull new years ago and it was more than $275. Check out places like Gunbroker and classifieds from places like Rimfire Central and see what these bring in actual sales. People fight over them at $400+.

Just my 2 cents,

Jeff

berettapistols

Blackhawk
When I picked up my 6 7/8" Tapered MKII Target a few weeks ago there were only three MKIIs at that show..
One fellow wanted $425 another $375 & The oher $300..
A New MKIII was $333.74 BTW..

Geezer

Single-Sixer
Realistically, expect to pay $300-$350 for a stainless MK II Target. Sometimes you can run across the "steal" but that never seems to happen when you are looking for it. Since the MK III's came out, the prices that the MK II's are bringing have steadily increased. Also, it seems that the amount of MK II's on the sell/trade market has really gotten smaller.

Sakoluvr

Single-Sixer
I think what some consider a fair price and what the market will bear are very different, as usual. $375 to $400 seems to be the selling price for the one you described.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
AZSR9fan":2p4krj0v said:
What do think the value would be of a stainless MkII, 5.5 inch bull barrel with a serial number that places it around 1988-1989?

The condition looks excellent (around 95 out of 100) with just a couple of surface scratches that look like they might have come from holstering and unholstering in an Uncle Mike's.

Like some folks on the forum, I think I might prefer the MkII over the MkIII, but I want "the experts opinion" before I buy. Thanks!

$300-500 depending on what comes with it and local prices for comparable pistols. :wink:

AZSR9fan":3fnf73rh said:

I have this exact pistol. My wife picked it up at auction last March for my birthday for $360. I have had at least that much fun shooting it.