Value of Limited Edition Ruger Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Farmboy3010

Bearcat
Hello everyone,
I'm new to Ruger Forums, although I have posted to introduce myself in the new members section, this is my first post. I live in Michigan and this past week my wife and I attended our district Friends of NRA banquet. Lucky for me my ticket was drawn for a Ruger pistol.
It's a Limited Edition NRA Ruger Vaquero chambered for .45 colt and finished in polished stainless.
Wondered if any of you knew the value of this revolver? Is its value any more than a regular Vaquero? Would it be best left unfired? I'm assuming the only difference between a standard one and this one is the serial numbers and the Friends of NRA inlaid on the frame below the trigger. Any feedback would be appreciated. Attached is a link to pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/leUGR

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
First off,,, "Congratulations" on winning the pistol.
I would NOT shoot it,, and I personally know of a few folks who will pay a premium for that gun. PM me, we can discuss it.

I'd shoot it; unless you have something similar already. Sure the value will drop, but it will still be worth something and you get the non financial price of enjoyment.

Farmboy3010

Bearcat
http://i.imgur.com/46GGfys.jpg?1

Attached is a NRA/Ruger flyer announcing the manufacture of this .45 Colt Revolver.
Consider these facts:
There is only 70 manufactured by Ruger. Not 1,070!
Each is engraved with a FoNRA logo (not decal) and special serial number unlike the standard serial number.
There is only one given to each of the 70 Founding FoNRA committees.
This gun isn't engraved with just any organizations emblem on it, it's engraved with the NRA emblem on it.
Although I'm a NRA member, I'm not a hard core member. I'm just an ordinary gun owner/ hunter that would like the right to pass my guns on to my next generation.
Let's not forget that the NRA and It's members are probably the single most reason we are still allowed to own guns in the USA today.
I'd think it'd be more valued than a standard model, for some of these reasons alone!

44spl.

Bearcat
What Farmboy 3010 said.
You can definitely sell it for more than the standard model. Much more, in my opinion.
I collect these type of guns and have yet to lose any money. The longer you keep it, the more it will be worth.
JMHO

chris_

Blackhawk
Almost nothing in the world better than a free gun. I won a shotgun a few years back at a Friends of the NRA banquet on a single ticket. I was floored.

RSIno1

Hunter
1of 70 will always command a premium. How much is entirely up to the market. Your customer will be an NRA member probably one who has worked in the friends program and wants a memento of that work.

PD45

Bearcat
I was looking for info on this pistol I currently own number 44 and it has never been shot and the original zip tie is still holding the hammer. What do you think it is worth? I'm thinking of selling it any input would be great!

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum PD45!

This is an old post,, and the original pictures are gone. I'm assuming you are talking about the 25th anniversary edition of the FoNRA Founding Chapter gun.
As noted in some of the info above,, if you are discussing this handgun, then there were only 70 of them built. That was for the 70 Chapters of the FoNRA who'd had an event every year since the beginning of the FoNRA.
The only differences in that gun & a production gun are the following;
The 25th Anniv logo on the top portion of the backstrap behind the hammer.
The special serial number.

If this is the gun I've seen the values kinda all over the place.

During the FoNRA events, they sold for as low as $1200.00,, to as much as $6100.00. (The $6100.00 gun was easily the highest one by a big margin. It was due to the fact that (2) bidders refused to give in to the other one.
MOST of the info I can uncover as to actual selling values currently,, has been in the $1500 range.

I did a display of (4) of these guns in 2017. A good friend bought (4) of them, and then gifted them to me. (Long story.) I actually returned them to him after the ROCS display show, AND after he bought a 5th one for me. I politely told him to enjoy them, and when he passed, will them to me. His gift was stunning,, and very humbling.

Here's a picture of the flyer about them.
Founding Committees Flyer.jpg

PD45

Bearcat
Cool I appreciate the info and rough pricing. Neat story you have with your guns, the best guns have great memories behind them.

hittman

Staff member
Search completed auctions on places like Gun Broker.
I pretty much ignore FoNRA auction results since that's a "charity / fund raising" venue. Many times there you get a price much higher than in the open market.
Others will surely disagree.

contender

Ruger Guru
hittman has a point in that the FoNRA events are a fundraiser, and as such, stuff sells for more there than in the real world market.

HOWEVER,, due to the fact that only 70 of these guns are out there,, I doubt you'd find much reference to them on any site like GunBroker.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Most special edition guns bring less than regular ones with exception of Rugers. Unsure why. Guess more people collect them than other brands. I don't know what it's worth but whatever it is, it's more than I'd pay for it.

Latest posts