Value of lead

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hutchman

Blackhawk
I have probably close to 75 lbs of clean wheel weights in 1 lb ingots. In addition, I have some unsized and unlubed 44 cal. bullets that I will never use. I am probably going to sell all this on craigslist, but don't know what it's worth.

I just checked the spot price of scrap lead and it was $0.90/lbd. So, is $1.00/lb for clean lead in ingots a fair price or am I completely out of the ball park?[/quote]

pps

Single-Sixer
Asking price for cleaned up lead has been in the $2 on midway et al.

Contact L2r via PM and see if you guys can work something out. He casts and lives in Wa, though I don't know how close.

hutchman

Blackhawk
I_Like_Pie":126fu12n said:
Remember too that the USPS flat rate boxes can go (don't quote me) 60# for $10 anywhere in the USA

Very true. That's how I have shipped bullets.......the girls at the Post Office cringe when I come through the door! :D

pps":126fu12n said:

Contact L2r via PM and see if you guys can work something out. He casts and lives in Wa, though I don't know how close.

I tried, but there is no member L2r on here.......I would be glad to talk to him if I could get with him.

pps

Single-Sixer
hutchman":2kualahi said:
I_Like_Pie":2kualahi said:
Remember too that the USPS flat rate boxes can go (don't quote me) 60# for $10 anywhere in the USA

Very true. That's how I have shipped bullets.......the girls at the Post Office cringe when I come through the door! :D

pps":2kualahi said:

I tried, but there is no member L2r on here.......I would be glad to talk to him if I could get with him.

Luv2reload is his screen name...I should never never abreviate. Sorry about that.

Shoot Hutchman, I'll send you $80 for all of it and all you would have to do is drop it off at the Richland Police Headquarters where my brother is a Captain. I'd get it from him later. Let me know if you are interested in a deal like that.

Take care,

Robb