Value of an Old Model Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hinkruger

Single-Sixer
Hi, I haven't been on in a while. Apparently I've started collecting old model Ruger revolvers because every time I see one, I just have to have it... Passed by a gun store today and found a unconverted Ruger Single Six with the lr and mag cylinders in at about 95% condition. I don't have any pics but there is maybe one or 2 marks on it, no box but comes with a nice leather soft case. What are they worth nowadays? Date is 1966 and both cylinders are scribed with the last 3 of the serial number

Thanks in advance

contender

Ruger Guru
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it depends. There are many "variations" that can affect value. As you know,,, condition is very important,,, but then you have to look at the subtle differences. Barrel length is one thing that can affect things. If you post the serial number, it can help us determine a bit more too.
In general,, from $300 to $500 is an average ballpark.

hinkruger

Single-Sixer
It has fixed sights, serial is 4488xx and once again both cylinders match the fun. I quickly cleaned the gun with ten oil because my house is 95 percent humidity but the gun is in excellent condition.

http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/hinckley001Hinckley001/library/single%20six

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, you didn't mention the barrel length,,, as that does make a difference. If it has the 4-5/8" barrel,, or the 9-1/2" barrel it's worth more than the 5-1/2" & 6-1/2" ones.
I couldn't open the pictures.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Pictures show for me. That's a very nice 6 1/2" barrel Single Six - nicer than my 5 1/2" barrel 1959 SS I bought new (finish is worn off the backstrap):

Guns075_zps446b6d67.jpg

6gun

Hunter
contender said:
Well, you didn't mention the barrel length,,, as that does make a difference. If it has the 4-5/8" barrel,, or the 9-1/2" barrel it's worth more than the 5-1/2" & 6-1/2" ones.
I couldn't open the pictures.

I was able to open one of his pictures before the adware froze up the site, looks like a 6 1/2" barrel.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok, now I can see it's a more common barrel length.
I would put the value in the $350-$400 mark,,, if it's a nice gun.

hinkruger

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the advice. I bought it yesterday, $380 out the door with the leather pouch which probably costs $50 by itself new back in the day, 22 mag cylinder also in excellent condition. I'm a pretty happy camper.... but now I want another........

Armybrat

Buckeye
Hondo44 said:
Back strap and looks like trigger guard strap also. But that's still a nice one. Early enough to still hve a steel ejector rod housing.
Yep, that's right. Lots of handling & plinking rounds over 56 years. First gun I bought for myself.