Value of 77 Flatbolt .243

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TWalker

Bearcat
I saw a Ruger M77 Flatbolt in 243 caliber for sale today in Tidewater area of VA. It is about 92% condition due to some scratches and dings on the stock. Nothing major. It has rings and a Bushnell scope worth about $35. The asking price is $399. It has a 70 prefix. What do you think? I would have bought it but I just bought a Belgium Browning 22 auto with wheelsight 3 days ago and my gun fund is temporarily depleted.

That's a good price for a used .243 around here. To me the scope adds nothing to the gun. If I wanted a .243 I would buy it. The two flatbolt .243's that I saw around here within the last 6 months were priced $549 comparative shape to what you describe and $699 about 98%.

martyj

Blackhawk
I think you should of bought it for me and made some money selling it to me but I know the feeling Im having to do that now on a 308 flatbolt at least for the time being. Hope its still there in a couple of weeks when my daughters wedding is over.

mcknight77

Blackhawk
That's a great price on a great rifle that should have a Douglas barrel on it. My experience with them is that they shoot very well.

martyj

Blackhawk
I found a flatbolt 308 win in really pretty good condition today for 500. + shipping and ffl fees.
Of coarse it has the normal trigger guard scratch on it that most rugers get.
See how it shoots and that will decide on what it is worth to me at least. :shock:

TWalker

Bearcat
Today, I was 300 miles from home and passed through the town in Tidewater, VA where I saw the Ruger for sale 11 weeks ago. I stopped just in case it hadn't been sold. Imagine my surprise to see it still in the used gun rack. Turns out that someone had put it on lay-away months ago, but recently decided not to buy it and it went back out for sale. I considered this a sign that I had to buy it; It is now in my gun safe. Tomorrow I will clean it good and post some pictures. Strange how things work out sometimes.

smoke-eater

Blackhawk
Wow, the way it turned out, it sounds like a purchase that was just meant to be.
Enjoy your new 'old classic'.
I look forward to seeing some photos.

Jeff

Latest posts