Value help please-Ruger 10-22 International-1996 date

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bravastar1

Single-Sixer
I ran across an unfired Ruger 10-22 International today. It has a Bushnell Elite 3200- 10x40 scope mounted on the gun. There is not a scratch on this gun. There is not box or papers,just the rifle and the scope. The owner wants $500 firm. I found the scope online for $219.00. This looks like a good deal to me. Looks better in person. The picture is blurry. What do you think?

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
There is one at a local dealers that is just beautiful. It is a SS one, and the S/N puts it in the mid 90's, I want to say it was 242 prefix, but I'm not sure about that. The stock is like that one. Hardwood with checkering. The bolt knob has been replaced and the trigger has also. No idea what kind of trigger, but the trigger itself appears to be red plastic and the trigger assembly is polished aluminum. Now that I think about it, it seems the receiver is polished also. The barrel is a Ruger factory. It has a scope, but I can't recall off the top of my head what kind. It also has a leather G.I. type sling.

They're asking $600.00 for it. I like it, but not that much. For $500.00 I might be more tempted, even though I can't really afford it. I'd have to think about trade bait. :)

I've wondered if it was made that way or if someone bought the stock and put it together.

Actually, I'd rather have it without the scope, because I'd not want to mar the top of the receiver with the rail mount. The $500 isn't bad for that model, you don't see that many of them and they always seem to demand a premium. The wood is nice, so I'd say if you have the cash and like the gun, I'd not let the price stop me from buying it. Go for it!