Value help needed-3 Screw Super Blackhawk-Updated info*

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bravastar1

Single-Sixer
I ran across a nice-92ish% 3 screw 7 1/2" barrel Super Blackhawk today in the 80-30000 SN range. No box but it has the original owners manual It is all original with wood grips and it has NOT been sent in for the recall. The owner is asking $485. Is that in the ballpark for a good deal?

TDF

Single-Sixer
The original lockwork helps it but the 92% to me would make it shooter grade. I gave $300 for a non prefix shooter super with maybe 90% finish a couple of years ago and it still had the original lockwork. But those deals don't come along every day. Gave $400 for a 98% three screw Super 80 series. That did not have the original lockwork. It's probably not a bad deal, but I'd try and talk em down a little first.

TDF

Dave T

Single-Sixer
Based on the prices I'm seeing recently that sounds pretty reasonable.

Dave

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
I think the price is to high for a shooter grade prefix gun with no box. I just paid 700.00 each for four NIB 80 prexfix guns. I thought these were a good deal but not a barn burnner.

bravastar1

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the info. I went back to look at it again tonight and had been thinking all day that something just did not look right about this gun. Sure enough the rear sight blade and screw is missing. I don't know how I missed that. The guy told me he would take $440 since it needs a rear blade. Can I replace just the blade and screw or do I have to replace the entire rear sight and can I still get one?