Value Concealed Carry Holster (im cheap)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

waldo1324

Bearcat
Ive read on a few threads about what CC holster to get. like $20 cheap is what im looking for..
the Glock Combat Holster?
I have a sturdy feeling $6 Crossman Airsoft holster (dont laugh) that fits an extra mag right now that works like a charm for open ( country property ) carry.
Does anyone use the Glock or what do you think?
I plan on getting the Crossbreed in the future, but i want simple, small, sturdy, and cheap.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I like Glock holsters or holsters by Don Hume. Both are cheap and fit my G26 as well as my SR9c. But my favorite holster (1911) is a Kramer IWB horsehide; have had it many yrs, is like new.

Sonnytoo

Rugerowner

Bearcat
Been using a Dom Hume for many years for my every day carry on my Kahr PM9, and occasional use on my P89 and 1911.

waldo1324

Bearcat
wayne-
i like the TRITON KYDEX IWB HOLSTER.
prettu much what im looking for. $50 isnt bad and i like the linger retention (surface area) of the triton. but the glock combat is $10! ill have to try them on.

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
What gun are you needing the holster for?
Depending on what it is, I "may, possibly" have one you are looking for.
I won't be selling any for my 1911's though:)

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Kydex or plastic holsters like the Glock are usually designed for a specific gun, and grip/snap/grasp a particular part of the gun as a retention mechanism. If you try to stuff another gun in it you'll likely find it won't work. The gun will "fit", but not snap into place, as it really should. You do need to think a bit about safety if you're going to carry, not just cost (imo).

Anyway, you should also decide on IWB vs. OWB carry. If IWB, your belt helps a lot with retention. There are some nice cheap Uncle Mikes brand holsters that might work for you. Don Hume is very good, if you don't mind stepping up to the $35 price range.

I'm not a huge fan of Fobus holsters, but they are cheap and serviceable. They make holsters for a variety of guns.

If at all possible, get one designed for the gun you're carrying.

-- Sam

JimEG

Bearcat
waldo1324
If cheap is what you are looking for, I recently got an Ace Case, IWB tuckable holster for my P 90 from Cheaper than Dirt for under $17 including S&H. For the money, I am very satisfied with the quality. Not to say that there aren't better holsters, but I doubt that you will find one much cheaper. Here is the link: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemList ... catid=1906
ps. They are made in Missouri too.
Jim

Grendel

Single-Sixer
You get what you pay for and I wouldn't trust most el cheapo holsters for a defensive weapon.

I've seen cheap holsters come out of the pants still attached to the gun too many times, not to mention risks of retention or trigger coverage issues.

-JT

Mike J

Hunter
They are OWB but I have a couple of Don Hume holsters & I believe they are a good value for the money.

hornady

Bearcat
Not the cheapest holster, but I would check out the crossbreed super tuck, they have a video on there sight, and they have a return policy if you don't like it, if your holster is not comfortable you will not carry.

Jeffrey1235

Bearcat
If you want cheap and good try Uncle Mike's inside the pants holsters. (size 15 for the SR9) they come with or without the thumbreak and work great, fit well and ride low enough that they don't fall out; at least mine never has and I carry it everyday at least 12 hours usually. Also the price is around $20. I do have some more expensive holsters but still carry the Uncle Mike's because I feel it works better.

offshorebear

Bearcat
I carry my SR9c in a Kholster. Same style as the Crossbreed but the edges of the leather aren't rounded. I have a Crossbreed for my 1911 and its hard to justify the extra cost.

They have an April's Fools sale for $39 shipped. If I were you I would jump on it. It starts April 1st.

www.kholster.com

thedrick

Bearcat
SR9c fits really well in a Dion Hume jit 26 beretta 92/96.. ipicked it up for 22 bucks.. I also got a blackhawk serpa for the sr9 for $40, it was a little it was an inch or so long so i cut it on the band saw.. looks factory and fits great, plus you have the added security of the finger release