Value boat paddle 77 6.5-55 Swede

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cruising through the local pawn shop. In the rack was a boat paddle stocked, Blued 77MKII, chambered in 6.5x55 Swede. Rings, no box, they are asking $399. I can probably get it for $350 + 8% sales tax. Good buy or just okay? I don't know much about the boat paddle 77's. Thanks! :)

Dave

bnewberry

Single-Sixer
Heliman":3sdfnu8m said:
Cruising through the local pawn shop. In the rack was a boat paddle stocked, Blued 77MKII, chambered in 6.5x55 Swede. Rings, no box, they are asking $399. I can probably get it for $350 + 8% sales tax. Good buy or just okay? I don't know much about the boat paddle 77's. Thanks! :)

Dave

I'd buy it for $350.00. But I'm a sucker for the 6.5 X 55.

bcp

Bearcat
Better hurry. I'm trying to talk myself into buying it, too. :lol:

Bruce

bcp":1ch26520 said:
Better hurry. I'm trying to talk myself in buying it, too. :lol:

Bruce

You were in the Orchards pawn shop, huh? I bought 2 guns there today. I know the owner REAL well and got a super deal. I picked up the no dash model 14 S&W K38 Masterpiece and the Remington model 7, 7mm-08. I ain't sayin' what I paid, but it was a GOOD deal for the pair. 8)

Dave :)

bnewberry

Single-Sixer
Heliman":2ibo33lq said:
bcp":2ibo33lq said:
Better hurry. I'm trying to talk myself in buying it, too. :lol:

Bruce

You were in the Orchards pawn shop, huh? I bought 2 guns there today. I know the owner REAL well and got a super deal. I picked up the no dash model 14 S&W K38 Masterpiece and the Remington model 7, 7mm-08. I ain't sayin' what I paid, but it was a GOOD deal for the pair. 8)

Dave :)

Armed with the name of the store you now have more competition! Better hurry!

bcp

Bearcat
rugnelli":h9pr5293 said:
If you are looking for a hunting rifle it would easily fit the bill.

rugnelli

That's the problem. I've got more than I can carry now. Even a 6.5x55. I've got to get away from the desire for one of everything.

I'll leave it for someone else.

Bruce

CAPTDASH

Bearcat
As you guys can tell from my collection, I will be calling them in a few minutes. I missed one of these on GB a few months ago. I just hope it is the original skeleton stock.

Heliman, what kind of shape was the rifle in? Is the bluing in good shape?

CAPTDASH":3u4fnrtp said:
As you guys can tell from my collection, I will be calling them in a few minutes. I missed one of these on GB a few months ago. I just hope it is the original skeleton stock.

Heliman, what kind of shape was the rifle in? Is the bluing in good shape?

Capt,
I did not handle the rifle, it was in the rack, and I inquired as to price. The stock looked original and it appeared from across the counter to be in pretty good shape. I will PM you the contact info and you can contact them if you wish.
Dave

chet15

Hawkeye
Sounds like one of Davidson's special Runs from a few years ago. My notes show only 50 of those being made.
Chet15

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Nice rifles, but that stock is narrow at the butt. Even made my 243 uncomfortable to shoot after 40 rounds.