Value and Best Site to Sell Limited Edition Ruger 77 MKII222

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AllanV

Bearcat
I OWN A RUGER MODEL 77 MARK II IN .222 CALIBER. THIS BRAND NEW IN THE BOX RIFLE WAS MADE BY RUGER AS A COMMEMORATIVE ESPECIALLY FOR THE CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION IN READING, PA, WHO IS A SUPPLIER OF THE STAINLESS STEEL FOR RUGER BARRELS. THESE GUNS WERE MADE IN A LIMITED RUN OF 2440 PIECES, AND THIS GUN IS # 447 OF 2440. THE GUN IS ALL STAINLESS STEEL, WITH HIGH GRADE SPECIAL ENGRAVING FROM THE FACTORY. THE FLOOR PLATE IS GORGEOUS ON THIS GUN! IT COMES WITH THE RUGER FACTORY SCOPE RINGS (STILL IN THEIR FACTORY PACKING), ALL PAPERWORK, AND A SPECIAL HAND-TOOLED LEATHER SLING WITH STAINLESS SWIVELS, WHICH IS ENGRAVED WITH THE VARIOUS COMPANY LOGOS OF CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY THROUGH THE YEARS FROM 1889 UNTIL 1996. THE GUN HAS NEVER BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THE BOX.

Can anyone provide insight into the current value of such a gun?
Where would you recommend I post it for sale to attract the right buyers?

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I have three of the Carpenter 222 rifles. One I bought to shoot, the other two I picked up because the prices were too good to pass up. I watch Gun Broker all the time and have not seen one for sale in recent months.

An all weather stainless Hawkeye in 222 recently sold on Gun Broker for $600. The Hawkeyes in 222 are pretty scare as are the Carpenter rifles. My understanding is the Hawkeyes in 222 were for a foreign contract and were not supposed to be available here in the states.

The Carpenter guns are exactly what you indicated. In my opinion, I think yours would go for $800 on the high side to $650 on the low side to the right person.

Hope this helps.

357Maximum

Bearcat
2440 seems to be a large number for a limited run. Lately limited run numbers have been approx 300 or less.

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
The Carpenter rifles were only available to employees of the Carpenter factory. My guess is a lot of these rifles went home with employees and are just sitting a closets. As the owners age, they are either giving them to relatives or getting rid of them. That is why I believe you do not see many for sale.