VACANCY ! Room for Rent(varmints apply only)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
:cry: Hey guys and gals, today was a pretty rough day ! My Mom died this morning, after a very courageous battle with Multiple Myeloma, or cancer of the blood plasma :cry: . We were fortunate to be able to have last rights administered with all the family present yesterday, and Mom's pain was kept under control, and manageable. I truely believe she is at peace now, and has earned her just reward.

After all the loose ends were tied up, I needed to relax alittle. My faithfull companion(11 year old daughter) was rarein' to go, and so was I. Groundhog safari time ! A nice, slow drive at our favorite farm was in order. Plus, I could scout for deer, as our bow season opens in 2 weeks.

The soy bean was getting high. Seeing these dastardly varmints would be tough, and misty eyes wouldn't help either.

Well, we had a little luck. 90 yards away, there he was. I pointed him out to my daughter, and asked if she was ready to shoot. She replied it was my turn, it might help cheer me up. Well, I must have got a little dust in my eye, as I really started tearing up. What a sweet girl ! I was very proud of her.

Anyway, the shot was true. I took a few pics to show the damage these rascals do, and why farmers despise these varmints with the nasty overbite.

groundhog003.jpg

This is the vacant hole. Notice all the bare ground nearby ? I've read where the average groundhog eats about 200 lbs. of clover, soy bean, or alfalfa a year.

groundhog004.jpg

This is what the field should look like !

groundhog005.jpg

This is the unfortunate bean muncher, after meeting a 40 gr. V-max from a TC .204 Ruger. He didn't digest it too well.

groundhog011.jpg

This would be me. You ever look at a picture of yourself, and ask, who is that fat, grey, old man ?

Thanks for listening, and letting me unwind at your expense.

toolman

Bearcat
sorry to hear about your mother .

quote]You ever look at a picture of yourself, and ask, who is that fat, grey, old man ?

I no longer look at pics of myself to depressing ( aahh were did all my hair go)

contender

Ruger Guru
I fully understand your loss. My mom passed in November. The night?morning she died,, (about 1:30 am,,,) I got the call. We had only been gone from her bedside a couple of hours. I chose to do what Mom would have wanted me to do,, I went deer hunting that day. Very calming & understood by all the family.
It looks like you & your daughter had a good experience,, and you'll remember it a lot more than you think.

I have no clue as to what your comment about the mirror means,,,,,,! I haven't seen anything different in 30 years,,,! :D

valkrider8

Single-Sixer
Sorry for your loss, hopefully time will help heal the pain. It sounds like you are doing a great job raising your daughter, you should be proud.

I've seen a couple of pictures of myself recently and thought "what the heck happened ?" :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

deac45

Single-Sixer
My condolences Jeff on your loss. In years to come, the memory of the joy brought to you by your daughter today will out pace the grief of the day.

deac45

flyinfred

Blackhawk
sorry for the loss of your mother
but am glad you got to spend the time with your daughter...i am sure grandma would be happy to know that...

and yes, i understand the question....as said above, every time i look in a mirror...

sixshot

Buckeye
Jeff, like all the others I'm sorry about your mom as I mentioned in the PM, I totally believe she passed knowing she raised a very fine son, who happens to have a wonderful daughter to tag along with him. I like that!
When I look in the mirroe I see 270 lbs of solid muscle, a full head of hair & a guy who eats raw meat & gunpowder for breakfast................. then I wake up & have to face the music. :cry:

Dick

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
My condolences also. Sounds like you are dealing with it well. That's all that can be hoped.

These last few years I have been surprised a number of times to be looking these washed out old people in photos, only to realize it's me.

-- Sam

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your mom. I am 25 years old. I havent lost my dad or my mom yet. I know its a fact of life. But, Its gotta be very hard. Just think of all the good times you had with her. Thank you for the pictures. Sounds like you two had fun.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Thanks for all the responses, guys. Just goes to proove to me that gun guys are good guys.

We buried Mom today in Pa. Couldn't have asked for a better send off.