USPS today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
Well the contact I have been waiting on arrived to day. Almost everything I received today 15 pages was written on RCA letter head, most signed by Nancy Padua. 1 page was signed by Lisa Strelez. 1 page was Bob's time estimate to do the work on the American Engraved revolvers.

Some were shipping manifests whic Bob crossreferenced as guns were completed and returned to RCA.

I gleaned the following from the information contained in this file. The first 20 guns were American engraved guns delivered to Bob in June 1983. My gun was in this group. The next 20 guns recieved in October 1983 were the last shipment. Three of these were returned un engraved at the request of RCA. Lack of paid orders I guess. 4 of these guns were American engraved, the last was marked A1485 sn 260-31092

13 others were Spanish engraved the 1st was S5100 260-30787

Bob's engraving sample was 260-09293 The engraved sample provided to Bob was 260-07905

Bob's engraved guns totaled 37 plus the sample gun to total 38.

From a previous post CHJ sample revolver was 260-07967 I wonder if any records exist of the number of guns which were done by CHJ?

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
While some of us understand what has been noted and we thank you for doing so, it seems appropriate to consider a preface to the information so that less informed members have a "front-end" on the data. These RCA commissioned RSSE revolvers are very uncommon. 8)

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr69/jcc9422m/004-1.jpg[IMG]

If you look at the grip strap of my gun you can see the "number" A1451

The numbers used on the Spanish guns was easy to figure out. S for stainless and original gun serial numbers.

The American guns is tougher. A for American but the 4 digit numbers don't appear to be serial number related. Could they be RCA member numbers?

Would any of you seasoned RCA members know the answer to this question?