used P90 price?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

niteowl

Bearcat
I recently came across a used P90 stainless with Hogue grips, and in decent shape for $379. The serial number dates it as a 1995 model. Is this what the market is bearing for these right now? Would I be better off spending the extra $100 for a new one?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Offer $325 out the door ... they'll most likely take it ... if they don't ... walk ... go back a week later and then they'll take the $325. In my area, it would be a $275 gun TOPS, and that would be with box, papers, in like new condition ... no box, no papers .... $250.

REV

96/44

Blackhawk
Around here they seem to bring $300 or maybe a bit more for a stainless model, and about $250-275 for blued. That is for a like new in box with papers, and both mags.

niteowl

Bearcat
96/44":7n9m25ei said:
Around here they seem to bring $300 or maybe a bit more for a stainless model, and about $250-275 for blued. That is for a like new in box with papers, and both mags.

I live in North Dakota so I'm assuming the prices would be similar here. They won't budge on price either, so I'm gonna keep looking.

revhigh

Hawkeye
niteowl":1u8j34gb said:
96/44":1u8j34gb said:

I live in North Dakota so I'm assuming the prices would be similar here. They won't budge on price either, so I'm gonna keep looking.

Smart man ... patience will pay off big time.

REV

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Look at the prices of a P90 on Budsgunshop.com. I would pay that in a heartbeat for a P90.

I don't sell guns and I buy what I want though. I think a P90 is next on my list.

That is a reasonable price by today's standards. The P 90 is a very good handgun so I wouldn't base what I pay by what a lot of other people have to say about how cheap they got theirs nor how cheap they are.

You can go a lifetime and miss out on good guns over someone rating them cheaper.

Good P series like the P89 and P90 prices are going to gradually climb over the years.

I paid 250 for my P89. 5000 won't buy it.
imho

tk

revhigh

Hawkeye
tkarter":34pq3sh0 said:
I paid 250 for my P89. 5000 won't buy it.

LOL !!!

$5000 will buy any one of my guns ... Pythons and Gold Cups included.....

tkarter

Single-Sixer
We already know we are different fellers Rev. :D
I don't sell guns period. Even those I have bought I don't like.

That price for a P90 is fair in this day and age. The P90 is a great .45 to have. I have seen people out shoot the 1911 with them.

What does a 1911 cost?

How come the Rugers always sell for 200 dollars in your neighborhood?

You the only one there buying?

tk

revhigh

Hawkeye
tkarter":2e65w0nc said:
How come the Rugers always sell for 200 dollars in your neighborhood?

You the only one there buying?

tk

Actually, no one here's buying ... that's why they're $200.

By the way ... I didn't say $200 .... YOU did !!

REV

tkarter

Single-Sixer
LOL okay. 200 was a point. you lowballed the P90 so I lowballed your price a bit.

New P90 costs over 400 so anything less for one used in good shape is a deal.

If there is no market for them in your area where did you arrive at the price?

just curious

tk

revhigh

Hawkeye
See ???

How do you figure I lowballed when I was $50 higher than two people that just quoted $275 ??

No matter how much you may like an item ... the market is the market. Ruger P's go for $225-250 where I am, and they sit for months, with the P90 being a little higher. I was just giving the OP info that I thought was good ... turns out I was high-balling ... :D

I hope the OP's dealer likes that gun, because at $379 he's gonna be looking at it for a long time, unless the market is just plain silly there ...

REV

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
I wish I could find a stainless/aluminum p series of any caliber for those prices up here in WI. $375 for a used p89 is the best I've seen around Northern WI. Some guy from PA was selling one over internet for $305 on this forum,shipped, but I was late to the dance and someone else bought it. Guess gun prices vary by local more than I realized.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
tkarter":28t9dvd3 said:
http://www.budsgunshop.com

Is reflective of real world prices.

tk

Those are new guns that Bud's is selling ($425 Blue and $456 SS), I remember Bass Pro selling them about 8 months ago for a little less than $400, I do believe it was a clearance price.

niteowl

Bearcat
New prices around here are about in line with what Bud's is asking, including what I'd pay for an FFL fee to transfer one.