Used Gold Label - is this a fair price?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

There is a used Gold Label 12 gauge available at a local FFL I frequent that is asking $1250.00 for the shotgun. The gun has been used and has signs of wear on the wood and metal. It also has an aftermarket recoil pad attached. It does have the original box and manual...but the original butt plate AND other screw in choke tubes are not included.

Not a collector condition gun by any means so I am curious as to what the value is of these as a shooting specimen only, is this a fair/reasonable price?

I wish Ruger serviced them still, I would send it back for a re-Black of the barrels and new lumber!

Catalog # is KSXSS-1228

Appreciate any input..thanks in advance.

I have never seen a used one for sale. If it currently functions correctly and taking into account the condition as described, I believe that I would buy it.

If it was a KSXS-1228 I would definitely buy it.

Of course, this is just my two cents...

rugnelli

JFB

Hunter
I should be selling off, BUT that is one I would get.

Is it positive Ruger does not sell spare parts nor do repairs?

Gun Parts has replacement wood
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/ruger/shotguns-ruger/gold-label-sxs
but no other parts

rugnelli said:
I have never seen a used one for sale. If it currently functions correctly and taking into account the condition as described, I believe that I would buy it.

If it was a KSXS-1228 I would definitely buy it.

Of course, this is just my two cents...

rugnelli

Appreciate your two cents :lol:

Thanks

gunman42782

Hunter
I would think you made a wise move. I have never seen one for sale any less than two grand.

rugnelli said:
Well done!

We need pictures!

I would love to post pics once I pick it up tomorrow, but I don't do hosting so i can't. Be happy to send them to you to post or just for you to see.I was on the west coast on business and just called them and gave them my credit card info to hold it for me.

I won't say I've never missed with mine, but it's killed a bunch of birds and one (exceptionally stupid) songdog! Retirement gift in 2007 from my brother. Has the pistol-gripped stock (I'm not an Anglophile when it comes to shotgun stocks....). I think you'll love it.