used .44 mag flood

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Checking out my usual haunts site and it clicked finally that they have a ton - ok, just 26 - but really, thy have a lot of used .44 mag Rugers on their shelves. I know some have been there for months now. Just a couple .357's and 5 or so .22's... Is there something I missed where by people were distancing themselves from the .44 mag or are people just not interested in it for other reasons? Ammo costs perhaps? Just struck me s weird. :?

flhr62

Single-Sixer
I think a lot of people buy them, and it ends up being more than they bargained for, as in recoil.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I saw that coming as soon as the .500's were introduced, especially the short bbl models. All the Mr Machos got one then realized it was more macho than they were. :lol:

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
I sold one when I bought my Lipseys 44 special. Of course I still have another, but I figured I only needed one 44 mag once I found my perfect packing pistol in that special.

twobisquit

Single-Sixer
I think a lot of these guys realized they couldnt hit anything and needed something that holds +15 rounds. Maybe more fire power = more macho.

At the show yesterday, there was a high gloss, 80 prefix, unconverted, 95% SBH for $425. It just sat there all day. The guy had no bites. I bought a new model stainless SBH 7 1/2" for $350. They are out there at bargain prices..........

Dave

I did a search of the inventory of blackhawk73's favorite haunt and was amazed at the amount of 44's. Surprisingly there were relatively few other used Ruger's in stock. I hope that changes before my annual trip up there in April. The cost of ammo must be the main reason for people getting rid of the 44's.

Mike

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
Heck I have 4 single action rugers 2 double actions in 44 mag and a 500 S&W4" and a 454 casul alaskan and don't want to get rid of any of them. Call me crazy I just like big pistols.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Thars a depression on too. I've been seeing more used stuff than usual. Maybe a combination of "This is a whole nuther game" (recoil wise), never shot it much, ammo is how much?, need cash. The first thing to leave the safe is.....

cphilip

Bearcat
I'm up for another in a short barrel Redhawk if I run into one cheapish... Not actively pursuing but certainly not ignoring them. Can't logically figure why so many are available. I know when I picked up my two hunters I got a great deal on them. But for some reason could never find one locally. I started looking around on line and presto! Jackpots everywhere else. Maybe its a distribution thing? Buyers and sellers not hooking up in same places?

mraywi

Single-Sixer
If I didn't reload I would not wanna shoot full house 44's all the time. I buy my 44's used,always figured as said already after buying most people dropped like a hot potato!!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
MikeJinVT":3egv6p9o said:
I did a search of the inventory of blackhawk73's favorite haunt and was amazed at the amount of 44's. Surprisingly there were relatively few other used Ruger's in stock. I hope that changes before my annual trip up there in April.

Mike

Annual trip? :shock: That'd kill me and put a big damper in my gun buying. :lol: Let me know ahead of time and maybe I'll meet ya there. Just 48 miles for me.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
I started shooting 45lc from New Vaquaro's loads to hot Redhawk loads,sold my model 29 Smith to a co-worker.I reloaded the 44 since 79 and I dont hate it,just dont need it anymore.......