Urban Carry Lock Leather holster for full size SR1911 CCW?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ohio! Way too freakin' close to the city!
Urban Carry Lock Leather holster for full size SR1911 CCW?

Has anyone used this brand/type holster for OWB CCW for a full size SR1911. If so comments either way. I'm 6 ft 2 inch and about 270 lbs. Typically wear jeans and a XXXL T shirt all year long, sometimes pocket shorts with a cut off tank top muscle shirt! Thanks for any opinions and experiences.

OLE442

It pretty much looks like a mid rise paddle holster. If I was going to wear one it would be 3 o'clock over a tucked Tshirt under an untucked 3-4x tall button up shirt. It's just leather over a kydex holster. It's quieter than a Fobus.

DEG1

Bearcat
I use Lock Leather holsters sometimes, but only for sub compacts and micros. They work very well and pull in close to the body (unlike paddle holsters), but I'm extra cautious reholstering any leather holster.

Ohio! Way too freakin' close to the city!
I've been carrying my Ruger P345 for about a week now and no real issues. Fairly comfortable and it's concealed pretty well. Selection of shirt needs to be a longer shirt cause the end of the holster/barrel will sneak out from under a too short shirt. Once I got the retention adjusted it works well.

DEG1, what is your concern re-holstering into a leather holster??

I may order one for my SR1911 and try it out

Last edited:
I suspect I'm not the only one that has never heard of this product. So of course I have neither experience nor an opinion.

Googling has resulted in the company selling a locking holster. I finally gave trying to figure out what they are selling. Is the lock just a simple retention, or is the lock an actual lock that must be released via a key or other action?

Okay...Further googling reveals this is a retention device in a leather holster...

Last edited: