UPS Rant

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I ordered a package that UPS was supposed to deliver. Well, it was two days late and I went on the tracking number site to find that it was delivered right on time and left at the gate. Of course it wasn't my gate. So I tried to call UPS and came to find out that there is no way you can talk to a human there anymore.

I had to file a claim on their site which was a bit of a nightmare. Today a neighbor like two miles away brought the package to my house. I don't know why they delivered it to his place. Anyway, I just called UPS to cancel the claim and still there is no way to speak to a live person. I screwed around on their website for maybe 20 minutes and there was just no way to report that I had my package and wanted to cancel my claim.

I wasted my time on that stupid website so I'll just let them keep looking for the package that they lost. I did call the company that I ordered from and let them know that I had my package. UPS website is an absolute nightmare.

woodsy

Blackhawk
If one is VERY persistent one can actually talk to a person. Can take a while, going through multiple connections, but it CAN happen. I know, from personal experience. Just don't give up.

Hey, I wasted enough of my time on this. First I had to fill out a claim form which was a real PIA. Then I wasted my time again trying to tell them that I had my package. All this time wasted was their fault anyway. So let them have one on the books as a lost package. They deserve it.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
One trick that works on some of the automated answering systems:
Hit the pound sign (#) about ten or fifteen time in succession.
Many will say something like "Please wait while I connect you to an agent"

NOT all of them, but many.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
The trouble with UPS deliveries going missing is they don't deliver a lot of their packages. A lot of copaneis ship with UPS smartpost now. Ups ships to certain point. It is then cheaper to "reship" the rest of the way via USPS. Final delivery is typically done by your normal mail delivery.Once in the hands of USPS the odds of screwups are even worse. Numerous times I have had packages shipped this way and tracking says they arrived when they had not day or two later they are delivered. Seems like they only deliver when they have time or feel like it, not if it is in their truck.

I live on 5 acres up a dirt road so I have one of those multiple mail station boxes for different people in the area. They will just leave a notice in my box to come to the post office and pick it up the package.

Latest posts