Updated info: Dealer got in a new Super Blackhawk.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fanner50

Bearcat
Super price too. Said they also got in a .357 Blackhawk but don't have it out yet because no wall space to hang it. This dealer hangs them all on the wall secured by heavy steel cable locks with alarms so that the customer can handle the firearm.
46647246-F5AD-4913-B21D-8F843FA8D2CE.jpeg
3168DDBB-3FED-4FDC-B686-29D0BE3D3067.jpeg

Last edited:

hittman

Staff member
Seems like that Colt is a much better deal.

If I'm shelling out $1000 for a Ruger single action it's gotta be a 3 screw of some sort.

Rclark

Hunter
the grips almost fit.
Almost? Doesn't look like they fit very well at all... But that is the norm now..... No matter as I usually put on custom fitted grips on mine anyway. That said, crazy what revolvers are going for now. Glad I am out of the market (mostly). Feel sorry for those guys just starting into the shooting sport or for SD.....

gunzo

Hunter
The Ruger website list retail at $1019, not $1029. But no matter, I didn't realize they'd gotten that high. Can't remember for sure, but the rule of thumb was that a buyer could usually buy Rugers for 20%, maybe 25 off the manufacturers suggested retail price.
So, I guess pricing is still at somewhat of a premium.

Fanner50

Bearcat
It may be the camera angle,, but that looks like one of the short barreled Supers.
It is the camera angle. It has a long barrel. Not new old stock. New ones are trickling in. I bought my .45 Colt Blackhawk there a couple of months ago. That thread is posted somewhere below.

moparclan

Single-Sixer
Looks like the barrel is ejector rod length. 4-5/8".
Got this from my local gun store counter guy he wanted the 5.5" that was on consignment, sold me this one for $600 unfired. He was happy and I was too.
$600.00b.jpg

'

'

Fanner50

Bearcat
If I can get by there tomorrow I will measure it, if it hasn't sold already. It may be the 5.50", it is definitely Not any shorter.

Fanner50

Bearcat
The gun has a 4.50" or 4 & 5/8" bbl. I used a plastic ruler to measure, so not precise. Serial number is 89-228XX. I hadn't looked at it real close when I took the picture. The barrel is shorter than I was thinking it was. It's a nice looking gun. Thousand dollar Super Blackhawks is something that is hard to wrap my mind around though. Crazy.

onehandgunner

Single-Sixer
Using serial# 89-22812 it says it was shipped in 2022. So this does appear to be a good sign of things returning. I have enough 44 SBHs, what I am waiting on is a new not preowned Single 7, I know there is 2 on GB but one has an outlandish price of $1499. and the other one in Clarksville Ark. the seller will not answer my question that I sent to him.

57springer

Buckeye
Using serial# 89-22812 it says it was shipped in 2022. So this does appear to be a good sign of things returning. I have enough 44 SBHs, what I am waiting on is a new not preowned Single 7, I know there is 2 on GB but one has an outlandish price of $1499. and the other one in Clarksville Ark. the seller will not answer my question that I sent to him.
Lets hope Ruger starts producing them in numbers , I am waiting !