Update Your Chrome Browser Now!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ronto

Single-Sixer
According to Kim Komando, update chrome browser to fix flaws that enable hackers to take over your computer.
www.komando.com scroll down to security + privacy "Update Chrome!".

Last edited:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Update nothing , never .
Think back to Winderz . . . Wee Willy Gates made a FORTUNE by putting out faulty code.
The difference is that he charged for "updates", that were actually fixes to the lousy code
his people put out. He also managed to pi. . . AH, seriously annoy, millions of people. Some
of those people were programmers and thus we see the efforts of thousands, trying to
scuttle winderz.

While chrome seems to have better people working for them, they are still dealing with the
malcontents from gates. Thus any errors found in chrome WILL either come back to bite
(byte? ;-) ) YOU if you are unwilling to get them corrected (updates). Your choice, potentially
your money, and your time. - - - PLEASE do not come back complaining about problems in
chrome, if you do not run current code.

I've said this a BUNCH of times, but I run Linux/Firefox/Thunderbird. I've run WITHOUT a
firewall since 2008. - - - Do I get updates? You betchamus buddy. From one per day (RARE)
to one per week (fairly often) to once per month (occasionally). - - - The difference is that
the average update takes two or three minutes. (how long does a winderz update take?).
I do remember one update that took a half hour, but that was a two level OS update, a new
copy of Firefox, a new copy of thunderbird, with several other word processor updates.

Once again, your time, your money, your problem, if you do nothing. ;)

fiasconva

Single-Sixer
Just did it. Took about 3 or 4 minutes. Simple and easy and I guess it's more secure now.

Gopher

Bearcat
Chrome has crashed for me and none of the online tricks have worked. I was able to download Chrome Beta but it's meh.
I have switched to the Brave browser and like it so far.

Ride1949

Single-Sixer
I've been using Brave for a couple of years now, as well as the DuckDuckgo browser and Adblock browser.
They've all been a vast improvement over chrome and edge.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Can I transfer Chrome favorites to Firefox?
I am guessing here . . . But if you mean the links to various web pages, I'll bet you
can "export" a file of those links, and then "import" them into Firefox. - - - It will
normally be an html file, that you can tell Firefox about and he will bring all of your
links into Firefox. :)

LCP22LR

Administrator
Staff member
I really am liking the brave browser...which is chrome based as almost all the browsers these days are, with the exceptions of Firefox.