*** UPDATE WITH PIC***22/45 question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
I was at Bass Pro today an they had a 22/45 blue with a 4" tapered bbl. Rugers site dont show they make one with a tapered bbl an I cant find a picture of one online. Is this something new or an oddball?

UPDATE: sorry for the bad pix, camera phone again.

0309001344.jpg

Catalog NO PMKIII4

anyone have one like this?? MKIII not II[/img]

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
Ok, I called Ruger today and they said Ruger never made a 22/45 with tapered bbl, its brand new in box at Bass Pro. What do you all think, oddball???

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Well, if it IS brand new in the box then looking at the end label will tell you what that serial number shipped as.

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
serial number on box is same as on pistol, rugers web sites numbers stop befor these numbers. 228-999XX

BlkHawk73

Hunter
What is the cat # on the label? If the serial # on the label matches what's on the gun and the cat # indicates it's a tapered bbl then all is well. :)

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
Cant give a update until tomorrow about Cat#. Rugers records dep was closed when I called, reopen Monday.

Thanks for the replys, will let ya know what I find!!

DUNTOV

Single-Sixer
Bootlegger said:
Ok, I called Ruger today and they said Ruger never made a 22/45 with tapered bbl, its brand new in box at Bass Pro. What do you all think, oddball???

I have a KP4 ruger MKII 22/45 stainless steel 4 & 3/4 barrel,
was the one you saw a MKII or MKIII?

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
Mark III

Didn't get back down there today to check on it agian but will be there in the morning.

Dontov, post a pix if you can, nice name by the way, im a Corvette fan myself!!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just had an idea...if you have a cell phone, bring it and take a picture of the end label, e-mail that to yourself, and post the pic here. That'll get you all the details you'll need regarding this bugger.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I've had a couple of 22/45 guns with both a 4.75" tapered and 5.5" tapered barrels. Both MkII and stainless however, not blued.

Bar-stock barrels are boring.

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
Ok found more info. Its a distributor exclusive from Williams Shooters Supply, some where in IL. 350 was ordered an another 350 reordered.

Nothing to go crazy about, sorry jumped the "gun".

Latest posts