Update on the new Single Six/Single 7 sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Zeus

Blackhawk
OK, single six sights have been completed, all programs and tool paths confirmed and I think they are coming out great! I'm going to attach a few pics. Ended up with two blade shapes that we worked out details on. I finished these test sights with Ceracote rather than a traditional blue. I'm thinking they will handle wear and tear from holsters etc better than traditional blue. I'm going to send these out to a few guys and let them work them over and see what happens. But with all my rifles that we have coated, they hold up better than any of my blue ones hands down so I wanted to see how it looked on these as well.

Now, the Blackhawk version is basically done. I'm going to change one thing and I'm waiting on one tool to arrive and its a go. One change from original concept is the blade, a couple weeks ago, I talked with Bob Baker to make sure he was good with me using FA blades. Several reasons for this. The way the base is scalloped, a narrow "foot" like the FA works great and fits perfectly. Also, we can supply the same blades to current FA owners. These will be EDM cut with 50 LPI serrations as well. For now, the plan is to make a Patridge style and a #5 style to start. Talking with Fermin, his blades should also fit this base so that will give even more options on the blade styles. We will cut them for the Blackhawk and I will also make some in stainless for the FA guns in case anyone wanted to change out a base on a current gun. Just looking for more options on existing six-guns. This base will be really nice. Think another 250 thousandths in length but with same proportions and lines of these.

Kd9wXUg.jpg

MVU8DIc.jpg

FV6YbB9.jpg

xhUr0Cv.jpg

xA3ihMF.jpg

Imf840u.jpg

So, I think we are ready to start looking at orders and what we need to make. These blades are set at .110" in width. That will be a good compromise for all the various barrel lenghs. We will do stainless versions as well. I will definitely use Ceracote on the blades of those to give you a stainless base for your stainless pistol while keeping the blade black for good sight picture. I'll start a list and order material next week based on the feedback we have. I will set up an item on the website so you can pay by card if preferred. Pricing to start will be $85 each shipped for the single six sights in blue or stainless. I'd like to standardize to the most popular heights so we are fighting with the CNC constantly with changes. I'll get a list of the sizes and start the production. When they are complete, I will have them on the website and post a link in the next couple of weeks.. You can also email me at: info (at) magnolia precision (dot) com if you have any questions.

contender

Ruger Guru
Looking GREAT Glenn!
I may have to get off my duff & order one for my 327. That looks like it'll be good compliment to it.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Just saw your post's and really exited about the aesthetics of the sights. Looking forward to getting a couple of them to start.

We are considering how we wish this offer to be posted on RugerForum.

In the meantime, please do not initiate purchase offers either openly here or via PM's to Zeus.

Thank you,
:mrgreen:

Zeus

Blackhawk
These will be available on our website as they come available. We will not post a FS here on RF. I'm not sure how this would differ from others that have been done but I could place a link in the sub forum of the classifieds here or however is best. There have been no offers etc at this time. Just a couple of post of ongoing projects.

Latest posts