Unusual story.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The only story I've got doesn't really relate to the exact theme of this thread, but when I lived in California, I had a friend of mine come up and asked me if I was crazy for testifying against the Hells Angels. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about and he tells me that there was a newspaper article and a picture of a guy who was a star witness for Hells angels drug bust. He had my name, and it looked like me and it was my age and he lived on the other side of the same town I lived in, and I never knew anything about it.

Brules

Single-Sixer
Many years ago I was listening to John Cougar on the radio. My mother asked me who is that your listening to, I said John Cougar Mellancamp. She said that's funny, I babysat for a John Mellencamp when I was young. I told her he was from Seymour, Indiana. She grew up near Seymour. She's pretty sure she babysat for him. Later when he got popular, my cousin (a local DJ) interviewed him a couple of times.

KIR

Sparks, NV
I had read a news story about some incident happening in New Plymouth, New Zealand one morning and afterwards decided to take a day trip out to Pyramid Lake, NV. I stopped by a vista of the lake when a car drove up. After talking awhile, I asked where they were from. Yup! New Plymouth, New Zealand.
I have always believed that coincidences tend to happen or else there wouldn't be any coincidences.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
Around 12 years ago, I was at work when an older man and a lady came by the house. They talked to my wife and told her they were checking old homes in order to create a historical district. He said he was originally from SW Alabama & left his name. My wife told him that we too had lived in Bama & that my maternal granddaddy was also from that area.

When I got home and my wife told me about the visit, the gentleman's last name sounded familiar, so checked an on-line genealogy about my family and his last name was the same as my great-great grandmothers. I got in touch with him and we determined that we shared a common ancestor that came over from Germany during the American Revolution.

Several years ago we took my mother and niece on a cruise and my niece got terribly sea sick so we took her down to the infirmary to try to get her some relief.
When the nurse came in to check her,she was a friend of my mothers!

I was in a diner 850 miles from home and was talking with the server. She said she had a cousin from my area. I asked where her cousin lived. She told me and I knew the town. Then she told me her cousin's name and I did a double take! I worked with him for 7 years and we are still friends. It is a small world

I've mentioned this before. Several years ago my wife connected with a woman through a book forum.

One day my wife is relating a bit of their conversation. It sounded very familiar. I ask her name, even mor familiar. I had my wife if she knew someone by my mother's name.

It turned out to be my mom's cousin who I hadn't seen in decades. This resulted in two parts of our family reconnecting.