Unique Vaquero with gold inlay and engraving

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
street said:
T.A. WORKMAN said:
6gun said:
Yup thats them alright seen them many times quite ugly, one old guy at our monthly gun show has had the same one always sitting on his table for about 3 years now no takers, he wants $350 for it.

:shock:
Please send me a PM with your friend's contact info,,,I will buy his gun if it is one such as Street has posted a KNV-35-EN NIB. $350.00 I'll pick up the shipping also.

Thank you Sir I look forward to your PM!!
Terry
Now here is a person that knows a bargain when he see it. :lol: :lol: :roll:

Nah! I'm just one of the 00.001% that do collect New Model Ruger's 8) :wink: Besides that I know a couple of local "closet Vaquero Collector's" who would be glad to take it off my hands. Damm good deal if it pans out.
Terry

6gun

Hunter
contender said:
6gun, is it possible you are seeing a different Vaquero model a lot? Back in the mid 1990's Davidsons had a special run of Vaqueros with gold engraved cylinders. 12 different variations if my memory serves me correctly. Some were much more common than others, and some were very rare. They too were introduced with low fanfare & many are collectable.
It is possible you are seeing a variation of the original Vaquero, vs this New Vaquero.
Just offering an observation here.

To vanhamlin, it appears you have one of the variations of 4 different New Vaqueros. Chet15 is THE man with the records & info that many of us use as a source of knowledge. He publishes the Red Eagle News Exchange, and also the "Ruger Reference Guide." That is why he has asked for more details, so he can record as much info as possible.
BTW; you will see that some of us are called "guru's, or buckeyes, or hawkeyes" etc. It's more of a reference to our post count & how long we've been collecting etc. We go by our "names" here such as Chet15, contender, 6gun, SteelShooter etc.

And as I've said, Welcome! You obviously have a nicer, and very possibily a rarer version of the New Vaquero. I for one like it. But hey, I have some of the Vaquero's with the engraving & inlay.

Yeah I'm sure what I'm seeing is different versions in both Vaquero and new Vaquero, quite a lot of them have been made have no idea how many, just trying to point out to the OP here that thinks only 50 guns were ever engraved like that there are a lot off them out there likely thousands and the engraved cylinder is not unique only to a small number some sporting goods store sold, I'm not saying I'm seeing any guns from the lot of 50 the OP claims was made special and numbered, he has shown no proff yet, I don't think a special run was ever made for the store and that was just how many were sent to them, I could be wrong but no evidence has been shown yet to say I am.

vanhamlin

Bearcat
contender said:
6gun, is it possible you are seeing a different Vaquero model a lot? Back in the mid 1990's Davidsons had a special run of Vaqueros with gold engraved cylinders. 12 different variations if my memory serves me correctly. Some were much more common than others, and some were very rare. They too were introduced with low fanfare & many are collectable.
It is possible you are seeing a variation of the original Vaquero, vs this New Vaquero.
Just offering an observation here.

To vanhamlin, it appears you have one of the variations of 4 different New Vaqueros. Chet15 is THE man with the records & info that many of us use as a source of knowledge. He publishes the Red Eagle News Exchange, and also the "Ruger Reference Guide." That is why he has asked for more details, so he can record as much info as possible.
BTW; you will see that some of us are called "guru's, or buckeyes, or hawkeyes" etc. It's more of a reference to our post count & how long we've been collecting etc. We go by our "names" here such as Chet15, contender, 6gun, SteelShooter etc.

And as I've said, Welcome! You obviously have a nicer, and very possibily a rarer version of the New Vaquero. I for one like it. But hey, I have some of the Vaquero's with the engraving & inlay.

thanks Contender, I now see what you mead about the "Guru, buckeye, or hawkey

vanhamlin

Bearcat
I just want to thank all of you (or at least most) for your all the information than you have provided, and for welcoming me to the Ruger Forum, I still haven't exactly figured how to add to peoples quotes, and am just now thanks to Contender figured out about the different status (Guru, Buckey or Hawkeye) Just to clearify, I understand that there were many engraved models including some with the gold inlay, I just did quite a bit of searching the internet, and until now never found any that looked like mine, that included all the same features (gold inlayed engraving on the fluted area, gold inlay band around cylinder, Gold Ruger emblem, gold screw on grips, old styley grips ect. I did find some of the blued models, and even some of the stainless models, just non that had exactly all the same features as mine, also when I contacted Ruger, and had no idea how many of any of them had been made, and had to do quite a bit of coaxing the get the young lady (Shawna) at Ruger to eive out the qty. that was released as she couldn't find that information either and had to go to someone in there archives department, and as far as that goes I have no way of confirming it, as I don't work for Ruger, its just what I was told, and to be honest was just as surprised and excited to find it out as anyone. as far as it mine being #18 or the 50 there is an additional label on the end of my box that indicated that, and again that is what she told me it meant. I would love to send pics of my gun, as well as the label on the box showing model # cat.# and serial # if Chet or Contender, or steel shooter or someone would like to PM me, I will even give out my phone number if someone can advise me on how to post them. I am not trying to deceive, exaggerate, or lie to anyone about anything. I simply wanted to know as much as possible about the gun I have, and possibly make some online friends that like I do Love there Rugers

vanhamlin

Bearcat
SteelShooter said:
They probably know, but as usual not talking:)

PM sent to OP with some guesses...

actually the young lady that I spoke with initially told me that she could not give out the qty. that was shipped, had to do quite a bit of sweet talking to get her to go to someone in there archives department who knew the details of my gun, I think it may have helped some that it was late in the day on a friday, and she was just trying to finish out her day, after she did find the information, I think she was nearly as excited as I was, and said she had never heard of the few of any model being produced

6gun

Hunter
Glad you finally did a internet search and saw for yourself there are many guns with the same engraving and have a better understanding what I was trying to say, even if I aint one of the people your thanking for help. :D

I still think the girl at ruger was telling you your gun was number 18 that was shipped to the dealer out of 50 he ordered and not trying to say it was a special run or it would show it on the box, let us know if you find out different.

vanhamlin

Bearcat
chet15 said:
I've got some notes on these...there were four different models, but have no idea on quantities.
I do need serial numbers though from anybody who can provide them!!

That distributor did these models...
KNV455-EN Ruger model 5137
NV35-EN Ruger model 5138
KNV-35-EN Ruger model 5139
NV455-EN Ruger Model 5140

There might be 50 of each of these models for all I know, not enough people reported them to me when they came out to know much about them.
Ruger doesn't help either...who knows, they might have been able to sell a bunch more of them if they'd just been advertised by the distributor and Ruger better.
But these did come out right after the four models of 60th Anniversary New Vaquero models.

I do have a question to the owner and starter of this thread...how do you know it is #18 of 50. Is that marked on the box or engraved on the gun or ?
Chet15

there is an extra smaller white label on the end of the box that shows RUP5139 at the top(model#) then 51102286 at the bottom (serial #) and then in bolder print it has "18" in the middle of the label, the lady at Ruger advised me that this indicated #18 of the 50

vanhamlin

Bearcat
street said:
vanhamlin said:
Thanks Buckeye it is a cat.# KNV-35-EN
Here is what I came up with:
K------Ruger uses that to denote Stainless Steel
NV----New Vaquero
3------Is for .357 Mag.
5------ Is for 5 1/2 in. bl.
EN-----Is for engraved

He is an ad for a consecutive pair of these guns with a picture. This should show everyone what they look like.

408674072.jpg

PAIR -Vaquero Engraved Stainless .357 Magnum/.38 Special+P
Product ID 58956 ::
Manufacturer Ruger
Description PAIR of sequentially numbered, new In box distributor exclusive Ruger New Vaquero Engraved Stainless .357 Magnum/.38 Special+P 6-Shot Single-Action Revolver, KNV-35-EN/5139, 5.5" high-gloss stainless-steel barrel, high-gloss stainless-steel 6-shot cylinder engraved with gold-inlays, high-gloss stainless-steel frame, hammer, trigger and trigger-guard; fixed sights, notch rear and blade front sight, Ivory-type grips with gold Ruger medallions. Ships in factory hardcase with padlock, fired cartridge, manual, registration card and factory papers. Ruger New Vaquero Engraved Stainless .357 Magnum Single-Action Revolver Features: -OLD WEST FEEL AND HANDLING with the pre-1962 "XR-3" style, steel grip frame. -High-gloss stainless steel model, simulating the attractive, but relatively fragile nickel-plating found on many original revolvers. -Factory gold-inlay engraved cylinder and Ivory-type grips with gold medallions. Ruger New Vaquero Engraved Stainless .357 Magnum Single-Action Revolver Specifications: Catalog Number: KNV-35-EN, Model Number: 5139, Caliber: .357 Mag., Material: Stainless Steel, Finish: High-Gloss, Sights: Fixed, Capacity: 6, Barrel Length: 5.50", Overall Length: 11.12", Weight: 44.00 oz., Grips: Ivory-type, Twist: 1:16" RH

Department Handguns › Revolvers

In stock
REG: $1650.00
Price $1350.00

These can be ordered from Best Firearms & Ammo
http://www.bestfirearms.com/catalog_detail.php?product_id=58956

street, can you advise me on how to post pics or my gun to this thread, feel free to PM me and I don't mind visiting on the phone if you prefer

6gun

Hunter
vanhamlin said:
chet15 said:
I've got some notes on these...there were four different models, but have no idea on quantities.
I do need serial numbers though from anybody who can provide them!!

That distributor did these models...
KNV455-EN Ruger model 5137
NV35-EN Ruger model 5138
KNV-35-EN Ruger model 5139
NV455-EN Ruger Model 5140

There might be 50 of each of these models for all I know, not enough people reported them to me when they came out to know much about them.
Ruger doesn't help either...who knows, they might have been able to sell a bunch more of them if they'd just been advertised by the distributor and Ruger better.
But these did come out right after the four models of 60th Anniversary New Vaquero models.

I do have a question to the owner and starter of this thread...how do you know it is #18 of 50. Is that marked on the box or engraved on the gun or ?
Chet15

there is an extra smaller white label on the end of the box that shows RUP5139 at the top(model#) then 51102286 at the bottom (serial #) and then in bolder print it has "18" in the middle of the label, the lady at Ruger advised me that this indicated #18 of the 50

Yeah that how they keep track of all the guns they ship to dealers, just means it was number 18 shipped out of 50 ordered their way of keeping track of orders, they don't ship orders all at once they ship them as there being made.

For example a dealer orders 100 plain common 1911's they might send him two at a time till the order is filled, they keep track of what number each gun shipped was.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
They are nice guns, Regular SS Vaqueros with laser engraved cylinder.
Spendy at $1350 a pair though. Regular Vaqueros sell for less. Here are a set of SASS shooters . They bring a little premium over regular Vaqueros.
http://www.kygunco.com/ruger-vaquero-357-sass-revolver-price-is-for-1-gun-must-be-ordered-in-pairs-23942

street

Hunter
vanhamlin said:
street said:
vanhamlin said:
Thanks Buckeye it is a cat.# KNV-35-EN
Here is what I came up with:
K------Ruger uses that to denote Stainless Steel
NV----New Vaquero
3------Is for .357 Mag.
5------ Is for 5 1/2 in. bl.
EN-----Is for engraved

He is an ad for a consecutive pair of these guns with a picture. This should show everyone what they look like.

408674072.jpg

PAIR -Vaquero Engraved Stainless .357 Magnum/.38 Special+P
Product ID 58956 ::
Manufacturer Ruger
Description PAIR of sequentially numbered, new In box distributor exclusive Ruger New Vaquero Engraved Stainless .357 Magnum/.38 Special+P 6-Shot Single-Action Revolver, KNV-35-EN/5139, 5.5" high-gloss stainless-steel barrel, high-gloss stainless-steel 6-shot cylinder engraved with gold-inlays, high-gloss stainless-steel frame, hammer, trigger and trigger-guard; fixed sights, notch rear and blade front sight, Ivory-type grips with gold Ruger medallions. Ships in factory hardcase with padlock, fired cartridge, manual, registration card and factory papers. Ruger New Vaquero Engraved Stainless .357 Magnum Single-Action Revolver Features: -OLD WEST FEEL AND HANDLING with the pre-1962 "XR-3" style, steel grip frame. -High-gloss stainless steel model, simulating the attractive, but relatively fragile nickel-plating found on many original revolvers. -Factory gold-inlay engraved cylinder and Ivory-type grips with gold medallions. Ruger New Vaquero Engraved Stainless .357 Magnum Single-Action Revolver Specifications: Catalog Number: KNV-35-EN, Model Number: 5139, Caliber: .357 Mag., Material: Stainless Steel, Finish: High-Gloss, Sights: Fixed, Capacity: 6, Barrel Length: 5.50", Overall Length: 11.12", Weight: 44.00 oz., Grips: Ivory-type, Twist: 1:16" RH

Department Handguns › Revolvers

In stock
REG: $1650.00
Price $1350.00

These can be ordered from Best Firearms & Ammo
http://www.bestfirearms.com/catalog_detail.php?product_id=58956

street, can you advise me on how to post pics or my gun to this thread, feel free to PM me and I don't mind visiting on the phone if you prefer
Yea! I will get back to you tomorrow and work up a way to show you how I do it.

street

Hunter
vanhamlin said:

What I use is Picture Trail. http://www.picturetrail.com/ Just follow the direction once you go to Picture Trail and sign up.

At the main screen, see picture below, left click on "Upload Pics"!

408683017.jpg

On the next screen, see picture below, left click on "Browse" and find the picture or pictures that you want to upload to Picture Trail, on your computer. If you want to upload more then one picture then hold down the CTRL key and left click the mouse on the pictures that you want to select. If you just want to upload one picture then just left click on just that picture.

408682698.jpg

After the pictures are selected they will show up as in the picture below. Left click on "NEXT"

408682699.jpg

Then you must select which Album you want the pictures to go to, see below. Select the album and then left click "UPLOAD"

408682700.jpg

It will take a few minutes for your pictures to process and then you will get the screen below. BE SURE TO LEFT CLICK ON "GET IMAGE URLs" as that is what we need to post pictures on this forum.

408682701.jpg

Once you do that it will take you to where your pictures are and then you need to find the picture that you need. I have chosen the picture of the 2 Vaqueros that I used and you need to look under the picture that you want, and "RIGHT CLICK" and then select "COPY". Then go to your post in the Ruger Forum and "PASTE" this where you want the picture to show up in your post.

408683096.jpg

Once you have pictures on Picture Trail and you need to show them in another post all you have to do is go to Picture Trail's main screen and left click on "GET IMAGE URLs". See picture below.

408682703.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
6gun said:

Yeah that how they keep track of all the guns they ship to dealers, just means it was number 18 shipped out of 50 ordered their way of keeping track of orders, they don't ship orders all at once they ship them as there being made.
[/quote]

Vanhamlin...I'd like to see a pic of this extra label.
Wasn't aware Ruger put the extra label on the ends of their boxes. But I am aware that "the distributor" often puts an extra label on the ends of the gun boxes in order for that distributor to label their inventory with that distributor's SKU number.
Chet15

6gun

Hunter
chet15 said:
Vanhamlin...I'd like to see a pic of this extra label.
Wasn't aware Ruger put the extra label on the ends of their boxes. But I am aware that "the distributor" often puts an extra label on the ends of the gun boxes in order for that distributor to label their inventory with that distributor's SKU number.
Chet15

Your putting words in my mouth I didn't make that quote at the top of your post :lol:

So extra lables are from the distributor? that does make sence, some of my boxes have them some don't, I know my local dealers buy from different distributors.

Will be interesting to see what Vanhamlin can show us if he can get some pictures up for all to see.

vanhamlin

Bearcat
Sorry guys, I am just not that computer savy, if someone would like to give me a call, or e-mail me, I did get some pics, and can text or e-mail them, so someone more competent can download them to this forum

contender

Ruger Guru
PM sent about pics!

Update;
I have his pics. Now if I can figure out how to save them to a place I can find them & transfer them to photobucket I'll get them posted. I saved them, and thought they went to my Pictures file. I can't find them there. So, when Miss Penny gets home tonight, I'll get her to help me figure out this computer crap.
Then I'll post pics here!

Latest posts