Unconverted Old Model Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ethang

Blackhawk
I posted a question about this in the Revolver section but am updating this here.

I looked at this yesterday and really liked it. The price was $240. I have wanted a SS for a little while. My Vaquero and Blackhawk are becoming most shot handguns.

Today I called Ruger and found out it shipped in Jan 1969. My birthday is June of 69 so this wasn't perfect but was close enough for me. I put it on layaway and will pick it up in a couple of weeks. I will have to work some OT but it will be worth it.

Forester

Bearcat
Nice find. I have one on layaway from the same time period. A couple of years earlier. Mine is unconverted as well and I paid $5 less for it. Sounds pretty good to me.

Ethang

Blackhawk
This was the first unconverted one that I have come across to handle. I like the way the action feels. Now I just hope it will shoot Federal bulk to point of aim.

I plan to pick it up next week. Pics will follow.

sheepman

Bearcat
I doubt that you will have any trouble with point of aim,but the rear site can be moved laterally and if it shoots low the front can be file down. The SS that I have had did shoot to point of aim IIRC. Good luck Bill

Ethang

Blackhawk
I picked it up today. Took a real long look at it. It does not appear to have that many rounds down it. Still has a lot of bluing on the base pin, not much turn line and the cylinder is in real good shape. The sound and feel working the action is addicting. I think I am really going to like this. I don't think it will take the place of my 617, but this may well become my second favorite 22.
I will post up some pics for those of you who demand them.. :D

Now the holster hunt begins....

Cholo

Staff member
"The sound and feel working the action is addicting."

Oh, you're preaching to the choir on that! I sometimes pick one of mine up and thumb back that hammer just to hear those 4 sweet clicks. The only thing sweeter is your lady asking you to join her in bed. I just say "I'll be there in a minute mi amor!" click click click CLICK... :wink:

Ethang

Blackhawk

I had time to shoot a few rounds when I got it home. It was off to the right and about 4 inches high. I corrected the windage but will have to try some loads and see about the elevation. All in all I am very happy with it.

It does have a bit of surface rust on the cylinder. I think this is from holster storage. I am hoping a bit of steel wool and some oil will take care of that.

Now to find a mate with adjustable sights and a mag cylinder that was also shipped in 1969.

:D

americal

Hunter
GOT to shoot that gun A lot :!: you will be surprised at how good it will shoot-- you might want to use rest to really get feel of how the gun shoots, it almost has to become part of you so shoot-shoot-shoot :p good buy :D

leejack

Single-Sixer
Cholo":2vw148qr said:
"The sound and feel working the action is addicting."

Oh, you're preaching to the choir on that! I sometimes pick one of mine up and thumb back that hammer just to hear those 4 sweet clicks. The only thing sweeter is your lady asking you to join her in bed. I just say "I'll be there in a minute mi amor!" click click click CLICK... :wink:

I love it! :lol: :wink: