Ugly is in the eye, of the Beholder...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

Had someone comment to me how drop dead Fugly the Ruger Old Army is....

Huh?....

I'm thinkin' it's one pretty lookin' Single Action. And the best danged BP revolver ever made... :wink:

What's Ugly?

BPand002.jpg

giz

A

Anonymous

Guntha Anger made the knife....he is a little known maker that has turned out some of the finest blades I have ever seen. He also made the sheath...

AngerKnife002.jpg

giz

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
you know what they say...beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes to the bone! However, that, my friend is a beautiful gun!

Knuckles

Buckeye
A new set of grips would make her sparkle again... I think they're very handsome revolvers.

Can't you even have them converted to be regular SA revolvers too?

flatgate

Hawkeye
301689907.jpg

The Old Army emulates the best features of the finest front stuffers extant!

But, as they say, beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

flatgate

BearStopper

Blackhawk
The person who said it was ugly probably is a Glock/AR fan and his idea of a fine lookin gun is plastic with matte finish! Those same kind of guys judge the usefulness of a firearm by how many rounds they can spray at the target, and in my experience alot of them don't take the time to learn how to hit what they shoot at with the first shot. Don't get me wrong I like Glocks and AR's too as they have their place but they definitely lack in the beauty dept.

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Sigh, now I have to get a ROA as well after seeing Papa's pic. Nice grips!

I may never have enough Ruger SA's....Maybe there is a 12 step program for this issue. Or maybe I just leave the condition untreated! :wink:

Bearcat
I think it's a great looking revolver. Which is why I spent the last year looking for one - and in fact finally just acquired it! Stainless, long barrel, essentially unfired. I could not be more pleased! :D

Ugly indeed!! :?

Rclark

Hunter
Very nice! Looks like you'll have lots of fun with it.... Even hunt with it maybe. Eventually I want one too ... but blued of course. I have a Remington 1858 .44 (an import) that I shoot once in awhile, but the Ruger is just the BEST BP Handgun ever made ... IMHO.