Uberti Wells Fargo Schofield revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I decided as a retirement gift to myself that I was going to buy a revolver I always wanted. I have always had an eye for a Schofield. I really wanted an original, but I can't afford one no matter how much I like them, so I went the next best route with an Uberti version, but I wanted the shorter barreled Wells Fargo model. I got it in .45 Colt, and one thing I did when I bought it was since the original grips were kind of blocky was to find a set of aftermarket grips. I picked up a set on Ebay, they're cherry, and they were unfinished, so I added four coats of Tru-oil which gives it a really nice honey color and brought out the grain.
Today I took it out with some Winchester 250 grain rounds. The Schofield isn't all that uncomfortable, especially with these grips, I would describe the grip angle as weird, just something very different from the Colt SAA style. The trigger on this gun is wonderful and it points pretty instinctively. The bullseye target was shot at 7 yards offhand, one handed, and the silhouette was shot at 10 yards one handed. The ejection of the empty rounds is exactly like you hear about with Schofields, simple and easy. I wouldn't hesitate to carry this gun one bit.

gNTQRfH.jpg

pcq5btX.jpg

hJCyujS.jpg

pete44ru

Hunter

Self presents are the best ! ! . :mrgreen:

I like the nickel-plated Beretta (Uberti) Laramie #3, with aftermarket S&W gutta percha grip panels.

IMO, the nickel looks "just right" for the era.

new%20model%20number%20three%2001_zpsnhtam3mu.jpg