Uberti help please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DGW1949

Hunter
"Anyone know if Uberti made a Regulator .45 LC with the birdshead grip?
Was that the Cattleman? Both? "

The Cattleman is tradional SAA which has a plow handle grip.
No idea what a Regulator is.
I'm perty-sure that Cimarron and EMF both marketed a birdshead Uberti for a while, and Cimarron might still does...but I don't know what they called 'em.
......................................................................................................

"Local store has a "like new" Uberti .45LC, appears about a 4.5" barrel, blue, CCH. Idea on a value?"

It's probably a 4-3/4".
In a general sense....
Uberti's cheap models are matt-blued and/or use a brass grip frame.
Their older guns were a different breed than their newer guns....meaning that they weren't built as well, were known for soft parts which caused timing problems, and aint worth near what a late model Uberti is worth.
The problem with all that is......Both their older guns and their newer guns were/are offered in the exact finish you describe. So, unless you're very familiar with the differences in the older and newer Ubertis, it would be hard to distinguish which one you're looking at.
If you aint sure, your best bet would be to get the serial number and call Cimarron up in Fredricksberg, or get ahold of VTI gun parts. Someone at either of them two places will be able to give you a year model off the serial number. Both have a website with their contact info.

Different folks has their own idea about prices but here is what I think...

I personaly wouldn't give more than $125 for any of their older models....but wouldn't mind spending $300 or so for a clean newer model. And if it happened to be a Cimarron, I'd give ya $350 perty-quick. But that's for a Catleman SAA or Cimarron Model P.....I'm not familiar enough with the Birdshead to even guess.

Maybe this helped.

DGW

J Miller

Blackhawk
hittman,

Look for a small rectangle usually found on the right side of the cylinder frame containing two letters. This is the date code. Go here: https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/ ... fmarks.pdf for the code to year chart.

As DGW said the Cattleman is the regular every day single action as built by Uberti. They've come with brass and steel grip frames.

I'll not comment on the quality of manufacture for the older ones. I've got one that was recently rebuilt but it's a hard luck story. So far since the rebuild I've had zero trouble with it.

Joe

tek4260

Buckeye
What trouble are you having Joe? I have on that was given to me for working a gun show with my dealer. It was nib in 2007 or 08. It is the same one that Cabella's sold for $99. Matte finish with brass grip frame. Of course the same one now goes for over $300. Mine has 0 issues and still looks NIB after 4-500 rounds.

DGW1949

Hunter
Joe brought up a good point, intended or not....Meaning that Uberti's is kinda like Chevy's in that almost everything about them interchanges from one year to the next.

I once bought an old Uberti, had Cimarron send me the newer-style internals, swapped-on a steel grip-frame and for less than $300 total, ended up with a real nice "using" gun that was also perty to look at.
The gun Joe spoke of has been upgraded in much the same way.

I realize that none of the above has anything to do with the posted questions but it does give a little extra insight into the whole Uberti-thing.....which at times can be confusing to folks that hasn't fooled around with them.

DGW

J Miller

Blackhawk
tek4260":3f8i05qv said:
What trouble are you having Joe? I have on that was given to me for working a gun show with my dealer. It was nib in 2007 or 08. It is the same one that Cabella's sold for $99. Matte finish with brass grip frame. Of course the same one now goes for over $300. Mine has 0 issues and still looks NIB after 4-500 rounds.

tek,
Not having any trouble. When I say a hard luck case, well, just read my story:
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39087
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39676

IJ, that's what I named this pistol now has a steel grip frame and trigger guard thanks to a TRF member.

Joe

mt

Single-Sixer
I got this Regulator used, so I'm not sure of the correctness of the parts. You might not be able to tell from the picture but the grip frame is brass. It's been a very good S/A.

029.jpg

mt

dougader

Hunter
Are all of the Italian guns made by Uberti? Cimmaron, EMF.... and Beretta?

I like the looks of this Beretta Stampede Marshall, but the price seems a bit steep unless it wears like some of the newer Uberti Colt-clones

BerettaStampedeMarshall_4.jpg

Driftwood Johnson

Blackhawk

Howdy

Cimarron and EMF are importers. They do not make anything. They import firearms manufactured by Uberti. Uberti is owned by Beretta, which is a very old company that has been manufacturing firearms in Italy for over a hundred years. A few years ago Beretta acquired Uberti.

Another Italian company that manufactures replica firearms is Pietta. There also used to be Armi San Marco and Armi San Paolo in the Italian replica arms manufacturing business. And there is Pedersoli, who mostly manufactures rifles.

DGW1949

Hunter
dougader":2uc3sks4 said:

I like the looks of this Beretta Stampede Marshall, but the price seems a bit steep unless it wears like some of the newer Uberti Colt-clones

BerettaStampedeMarshall_4.jpg

No, The two aint the same. Even though Baretta bought Uberti a couple of years ago, the Berreta Stampede is NOT a Uberti....Different designs, built by different folks.....kinda like a Chevy truck is not a Buick.

If you ease the hammer back on that Beretta, you'll see a flat-faced hammer and a transfer-bar thingy. Uberti's aint got that...they use the traditional SAA lock work and ignition system.

And no, a Beretta Stampede aint going to wear as long as a late-built Uberti. The guts is smaller and more prone to getting wore or broke. A lot of CAS guys can testify to that because a lot of CAS guys tried (and then abandoned) them when they first came out a few years ago.
Aint saying they are bad guns, just saying that they aint what I'd call heavy duty. They are perty though.

DGW

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
I just traded the Uberti birdshead and it was called the "Thunderer". It was a beautiful gun but I had several single actions. Kinda wished I had kept it(story of my life)

IMG_0651.jpg
e).

DGW1949

Hunter
ftlupton":1ln7sqrm said:
I just traded the Uberti birdshead and it was called the "Thunderer". It was a beautiful gun but I had several single actions. Kinda wished I had kept it(story of my life)

IMG_0651.jpg
e).

Yeah, those are good guns...basicly a Cattleman that uses a different GF.
Nice knife you got there too. I don't see those around much these days.

DGW

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
I've had two knives like that for many years. Made in Germany, used the heck out of them and still in great shape. The Thunderer was a .45 Colt and shot really good. Just a weak moment when I traded it.

Latest posts