Two tone markII- picture *Chet- your input is needed*

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sakoluvr

Single-Sixer
I found a stainless lower/heavy barrel upper Mark II. It is a nice pistol. This had to be made up by someone, correct? Not factory, right? I have a serious hankerin for it! What is a FAIR price, despite it being a put together gun. Condition is 98%.

rugerMKII.jpg

street

Hunter
In 1989 Ruger made about 2000 Mark II 5 1/2 in Bull barreled guns with the Stainless Steel Grip Frame with the blue barrel and receiver for Outdoor Sports. Model number MK512S. Your picture shows a Stainless Steel Bolt. I'm not sure if this model was made this way, as I don't have one to look at. Maybe someone who has one of these model will let us know. Chet15 should know. Known serial number range---215-25830 to 215-43499

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
you can also polish the finish off the grip frame of a standard blued model and it will be two-tone. i know because i have a friend who did that to his. that one looks likes like stainless to me, though

Geezer

Single-Sixer
Yeah, it's easy to switch uppers and lowers.

I'll buy 'em all day long for $200. Look at GB, that one would bring $300 + any day.

Sakoluvr

Single-Sixer
I gotta tell ya, when I hear 200 bucks, I wonder where are you guys tripping over these things? The best I can do on target MK II's with the bull barrel is like 250. I think I am going to get this one tomorrow. It is a little more than 250, but I think it's pretty cool. Condition is all there too.

street- thanks for the heads up!

Chet- I hope you can chime in on this one.

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
They get $300 plus any day of the week here in Tennessee. If I could get them for $200 I would refinance my house to buy as many of them as I could.

BisleyGripped

Bearcat
I stole the last one in Chattanooga for $200, stainless at that, before I Like Pie could snatch it up. Sold it when my daughter was in the hospital, now I want to find a slab-side stainless MII to replace it (but first to sell a house or two!).
ole Bis

reakin

Single-Sixer
I'm just going by what I would pay for one. A used factory configured gun (bull barrel target), around here, goes for $200-$250 for blued, $250-$300 stainless. One that has been cobbled together by someone (which I assumed this one was, I never thought about a distributer exclusive), would fetch the bottom end of the scale. Once someone starts mixing and matching parts, the price drops. The last used MKII I bought was a blued Government model I picked up last fall and I paid $225 out the door at a local gun shop.

reakin

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, they are a pretty scarce model. As long as the serial number fits in the range that Street gave, you probably have the MK512S.
Chet15

Sakoluvr

Single-Sixer
Thanks all! I am getting it.

Joy. The serial # is within range, and the gun is like new. The Serial # is 215-26xxx

The other side:

rugerMKIIb.jpg

street

Hunter
kscott":1j7vl6f2 said:
street,
That's very interesting. I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

I got all of this information from Chad's "REFERENCE OF RUGER FIREARMS, VOLUME ONE"

street

Hunter
Sakoluvr":24iii03z said:
Thanks all! I am getting it.

Joy. The serial # is within range, and the gun is like new. The Serial # is 215-26xxx

The other side:

rugerMKII.jpg

Give Ruger a call and they can tell you if it is a MK512S

Sakoluvr

Single-Sixer
I spoke to the records dept. It is a MK512S, special production model for Outdoor Sports. Shipped Feb '89. Thanks again.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
RPM,
No thats the way she came/walnut target grips??
Bought at a live auction I'll have to dig her out and see if
there are other grips in the box, CRS!!
Terry

chet15

Hawkeye
T.A. WORKMAN":1zd77dlp said:
Mine is SN# 215-35130 LNIB Davidsons 1989.

Are you sure yours was a Davidson's gun? Outdoor Sports is the only one I knew of who got these, and they went quick too, almost slipping under the radar.
Chet15