two Stars ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
260-30424 and 260-30787 have been observed with two stars stamped into the area infront of the trigger guard.

I have heard about one star indicating the gun shipped with a single LR cylinder.

Anyone know anything about the second star

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
The "Star" guns fall under the 63 & 64 (newly discovered by WMG) pre fix's ie:- 63 229XX not a 260- pre fix. Stainless "Star" guns have 62 & 63- prefixs in their range. I have several such guns that are double struck making it look like two "Stars".

The next NM single cylinder gun would have been the "Arrow or House" guns which have that stamp on the cylinder frame. They fall in the 261-10726 through 261-31359.

Is it possible that you have the pre fix number wrong? And yes by all means pictures please.
Terry

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
HAWKEYE#28":1i0y2gvj said:
I would offer that this double star marking is driven by the variant of firearm here, that being the RCA SS RSSE's.............. 8)

Thats what I thought when I seen the picture. Mabe Coogs can help out he has a pair.
Thanks for posting the picture.
Terry

Coogs

Maximum
That's what that be..............Offered by the RCA, Members Bulletin #20. In celebration of 30 years (1953-1983) continuous production of the Single Six revolver. 258 American engraved and 20 Spanish engraved were supposed to be made..............they were made as they were ordered......not very popular back then...........ya know they are New Models.........huh, RR!!! Well seems only about 10 Spainish and maybe less than 100 Americans were actually done.........at least that is what one of my little birds told me, Coogs

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Coogs":3fiwpetu said:
That's what that be..............Offered by the RCA, Members Bulletin #20. In celebration of 30 years (1953-1983) continuous production of the Single Six revolver. 258 American engraved and 20 Spanish engraved were supposed to be made..............they were made as they were ordered......not very popular back then...........ya know they are New Models.........huh, RR!!! Well seems only about 10 Spainish and maybe less than 100 Americans were actually done.........at least that is what one of my little birds told me, Coogs

I recall that RCA package. However, I think it was for 238 US engraved types. That would match the real total of originally 258 (238 domestic and 20 Spanish) I displayed RSSE SN 74414 at the '83 NRA Annual Mtgs and had paid slightly more for it than the offered RCA SS RSSE, so figured I would find another "real" one and passed on the RCA guns........ 8) & 74414 still lives here with the Hawkeye Girls and their G. I. 45 auto Friends....... :wink:

Coogs

Maximum
Splitz..............ok,ok,ok...........I stand corrected.................just because I can't add and/or subtract..............I didn't deduct the 20 from the 258, making 238....................Duh! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Maybe I just can't read my own writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya, Coogs.