Two blackhawk 44 Sp.?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I am looking at the web catalog of one of the distributors that I deal with, and I noticed that they list 2 different Blackhawk 44 Specials.

One is a flat top, the other is the regular model Blackhawk with the sight boss on the frame.

Now my question is this....is this the only difference in these 2 guns? The sight boss?

I also noticed that the Flat Top model wholesales for ~ $75 more than the other one.

They do not have any in stock of either one at the moment, but when they do, I am gonna buy one. I am just curious as to what is the difference in them.....anybody know the story on this? :?

mhblaw

Blackhawk
Ruger website only shows one BH chambered for the 44 Special, the Flat top with either a 4 5/8" or 5.5" barrel. Not the model with the protective "ears" at the rear sight. Ruger is, however, making a 5.5" and 4 5/8" Bisley Flat top in 44 Special. I got one about two weeks ago, to add to my FT 44, and actually prefer the Bisley frame. Both great guns in a great caliber.

A

Anonymous

I noticed that the web site only listed one model for the 44 Sp.

I was looking at Zander's web site and they say there are 2 slightly different 44 Specials, of which they have neither.

It could be some kind of mixup I suppose.

A

Anonymous

This is what I was referring to....they (zanders) have 2, this one and one in 5-1/2"...you have to look close, but you can see it is not the flat top, which they also have, but for ~ $75 mo money.

44spec0001.jpg

Kanook

Buckeye
could be a stock photo.

I found a 30 carbine that the guy said NIB and showed a photo of a 5 1/2" barrel. I called ASAP and found out it was a stock pic. :(

A

Anonymous

Yes, it could be a stock photo, but why the separate listing for the Flat Top at a higher price than this one?

I know it is not on Ruger's web site, but Zander's seems to think that Ruger is gonna send them some regular Blackhawks in .44 Sp.

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
It's definitely a stock photo.

Notice that the item number is 5232. That is the item number for the flattop with mid-sized frame and 4-5/8" barrel.

A

Anonymous

Yes, but on Zanders, they list 3 seperate models....a 5232, a 5233Z, and a 5234...I don't know what the story is here, but it looks like Ruger is marketing a regulat Blackhawk in 44 Special as well as the flat top.

Zanders lists the Flat top at 400 something, about 75 more than the gun I posted.

Fron Zander's site: The asterisk indicates a "new" listing

G5232 * RUGER BLACKHAWK BLUE 44SPL 4 5/8 BBL ADJ $365.51 0
G5233Z * RUGER BLACKHAWK BLUE 44SPL 5 1/2 BBL ADJ $365.51 0
G5234 RUGER BLACKHAWK SS 44SPL FLATTOP $449.95 0

Maybe Ruger just hasn't included it on their site yet?

OR, you don't suppose it is a special run just for Zanders, do you? That might explain the Z on the end of the model number.

glimmerman

Bearcat
I believe the SS 44 spl. is a "new" Talo Exclusive that I've seen on Lipseys' website. No price was given and does not mention if it has started shipping yet but I have already told my dealer I want one when available.

A

Anonymous

I just got off the phone to Zander's and the sales person assures me that they do indeed handle the regular Blackhawk in .44 Special.....a 4-5/8" and a 5-1/2" .

I have one on the 4-5/8" guns on back order till they get their next shipment in.