Two Beautiful Hand Forged ML Knives (Pic Heavy)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

countryboy

Single-Sixer
Finally got these beauties and they are perfect. They were made by Matt of http://mlknives.com/ I ordered these back in November and they just arrived but well worth the wait in my opinion. I have already placed another order for a large Hudson Bay Camp knife with Matt and that should be here early next year. Matt did a perfect job on these two and I couldn't be more pleased.

The larger knife was made to my specs and small knife is one of Matt's short hunter/caper made to match. I got the small one for my wife and the large one for me.

These knives are both super sharp right out of the box and the beautiful tiger maple handles feel great in hand.

Matt uses 1095 steel, hand forged, edge hardened and differentially tempered. He will also polish the blades up if you want but I like the hammer marks.

The large knife is 9 1/2" OAL with a 5" drop point blade, 3/16" thick. It has Tiger maple scales, brass pins and lanyard tube.
The small knife is 6 1/2" OAL with a 3 1/4" drop point blade, 1/8" thick and matching scales and pins etc.

Here are the pictures Matt sent me as he was making the knives.
2yltgk7.jpg

t0svo9.jpg

2vv5o9e.jpg

2zpmt5i.jpg

Here are some I took.
2wh44z5.jpg

mvhu2r.jpg

k0rhcn.jpg

miopyh.jpg

2zix575.jpg

ab4ln4.jpg

Joe S.

Hunter
I like how the scale was left on it. The heat treat scale was left on the bottom one in this pic. Its one of my favorite knives. It has cleaned many deer.

SU1HMDA5NDYuanBn.jpg

countryboy

Single-Sixer
Very nice Joe S. !!

I appreciate all the compliments, I really like them. I have been on vacation for the last few days and decided to go ahead and make a couple of sheaths. I made me another dangler style and my wife wanted one that could be worn cross draw.

Light brown Horsehide.
33krj14.jpg

6iya9g.jpg

8yxgz5.jpg

2j7bed.jpg