Twin .41 mag Redhawks from 1985

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bcelliott

Bearcat
I didn't realize until recently that I could actually login on this forum, as I had joined a number of years ago but couldn't login. So consider this my hello to everyone!

Here are a couple of unfired .41 magnum 5 1/2" blue Redhawks that were made in 1985. John Gallagher sold me both of them but about two years apart.
John did a trigger job on the top one, which previously had belonged to a gunwriter most of us would recognize. It has the original box and associated stuff in it. I believe that forum member Contender has seen this revolver.
The bottom one is also unfired, but had some storage issues and no box, so John re-blued it. I believe that one will be my shooter.
Most of my life, I've preferred Blackhawks and Bisleys, but lately, I've begun to appreciate how strong the Redhawk is, and what is possible with heavy handloads. And the blued Redhawks are really lookers, in my opinion. Anyway, thought some of you would enjoy seeing these beautiful revolvers.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome back,, and yes,, I do seem to recall the lusting after that gun,,,,,,,,,,,,,, eeerrrr,,, the appreciation of that .41! :D

hittman

Staff member
Welcome.

And WOW what a start! You do know just how scarce those are .... right?

I've got one of those and use a Tyler T-Grip with mine.

Congratulations.

zvGPw03h.jpg

bcelliott

Bearcat
Thanks, guys! It's nice to see what you have as well and admire the hardware. I sure wish Ruger still made the Redhawk .41s and .45s with 5 1/2" barrels so I wouldn't have to debate whether or not to shoot mine.

Hittman, how does that t-grip feel in the hand? I don't have any plan to mess with the grip frame of the .41 mag I choose to use as a shooter, but with my hand getting beat up with heavy loads in a .45 Colt Redhawk, I turned to Jack Huntington, who (irreversibly) modified the frame and grip of my .45. It fits the hand a whole lot better and has been a big improvement! I don't see the need to do this with the .41, plus, as you said, it's more rare. Can you tell I like 5 1/2" Redhawks?!

hittman

Staff member
Grips and such are a very subjective thing ..... not a "one size fits all" but for ME ..... the Tyler T Grips are the perfect answer.