TV Western grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I lost the web address for a guy that make copies of TV Western gun grips from the 1950s.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Nope not him. This guy only makes single action grips out of wood. His hand carved imitation Franzite grips run $250 - $350.

gak

Buckeye
What I believe you're looking for is the faux "jigged bone" pattern as seen with Clint Walker in "Cheyenne" and others. This is still not what you're looking for regarding the specific site, but in the meantime, these are a close facsimile of the Franzite grips.
http://www.gungrip.com/items_21__GRIPS.html

flatgate

Hawkeye
Pointer Pup......
146541287.jpg

and Franzite.....
146541293.jpg

can still be found at most Gun Shows......

flatgate

PS Then there are the "Mother of Toilet Seat" examples.... :D
146541291.jpg

Hokie73

Bearcat
I want a pair of the cheap plastic ones exactly like are on Matt Dillon's gun in the closing shots on the old Gunsmoke show during the credits. Actually, I don't care if they are cheap plastic or not, but I like that look with more light colored material showing and the dark lines thinner. The Franzite grips are close.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Hokie, look at ebay or similar sites.
Ajax made a fake one of plastic until they folded last year. Ive got two pair right now that look like what it sounds like you mean. The white with slimmer black squiggly lines in them. They ran me about $35 at MidwayUSA.com before Ajax folded.

Ive tried posting pics but it wont let me otherwise Id show you mine.