TV, movies, and guns....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RICHP

Single-Sixer
I watch the old westerns many times, every time looking for something I did not see before. Noticing the way they mounted saddle scabbards and the like.

tinman

Buckeye
Paul B said:
I've noticed lately that some of the western movies show firearms other than the Colts and Winchesters we all know and love so well. I've seen 1875 Remington revolvers, a couple of Merwin Hulberts (I think that's the proper name) and even an Evens rifle. :shock: Guy said he wasn't a good rifle shot but I'm thinking that old Evans never was a very accurate rifle. THat's true about Selleck wanting the proper guns for the period and in fact uses his own personal firearms in his western, or so I've been told. Kind of interesting though that in some of the spaghetti westerns the cap and ball guns were all converted to cartridge guns. In Quigley, Crazy Cora actually was shown loading a cap and ball Colt using a powder flask and ramming a bullet home. I still would like to know where those Hollywood Colt single actions are that fire 222 rounds without reloading are hiding. :lol:
Paul B.

Good eye, if you and I are talking bout the same movie (Crossfire Trail) that was indeed an Evans rifle. It was carried by Joe Gill played by Wilford Brimley.
The entire quote is "Well, it holds twenty-eight bullets......and I ain't a very good shot......"

Latest posts