Tulsa Rugers - Part 3...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
I went to Tulsa, as I always do, with a few particular guns in minds that I was seeking. And again, as usual, I went home with stuff I WASN'T seeking! I went looking for a Seville or Abilene .45 (preferably short-barrel), a Virginian Dragoon blue/CCH .45 (again, preferably short-barrel), a Smiff Model 43 lightweight kit gun, and a Ruger Lightweight Tri-Color Single-Six (http://www.gunblast.com/Hamm_Single-Six_Lightweight.htm).

Well, there were no Sevilles or Abilenes at the show, no .45 Virginian Dragoons (but I did find a GOOD deal on a 7-1/2" .44 Magnum - sorry, already got one), and no M43 Smiffs to be had. But I knew if ANYBODY had a Tri-Color for sale it would be our buddy Bill Hamm. Sure enough, there were two Tri-Colors at the show, and they were nestled side-by-side on Bill's table.

So we struck a deal and I took 'er home.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

A good end to a great Tulsa show! Anybody wanna see the pocket watches I picked up?

c.r.

Single-Sixer
bogie,

looks like you found some neat guns on your trip.

I have a question on this lightweight.........did ruger use a different method to anodize the grip frames on this model?

for some reason, on the lightweights, the grip frames always appear like a glossy black to me. it could just be an illusion due to the contrast of the silver frame.

~c.r.