TULSA pictures 2011

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
This year at Tulsa the Ruger Collectors Association (RCA) was represented by some great displays this year.

This is my wife and myself with our U.S. Auto pistol display.

Tulsa2011013.jpg

One of my highlights for the show was meeting Mr. Frank Bonaventura. Frank was a long time Ruger employee and Sunday celebrated his 70th birthday. One of the guns I had in my display was once owned by Frank.

Tulsa2011036.jpg

Pictured with Frank and the MK-678G serial number 210-00108 that he once owned. Less than 20 of these are known in private collections.

Tulsa2011037.jpg

Bill and his great display.

Tulsa2011015.jpg

Mr. and Mrs. Dougans tool display. Some cool stuff on this one.

Tulsa2011022.jpg

Vince and his Super Blackhawks. And this was a Super display... WOW

Tulsa2011030.jpg

Tulsa2011032.jpg

Daves. and I must say Dave did a awesome job for our awards dinner. Great job and we all thank you for what you did for us Ruger collectors.

Tulsa2011033.jpg

Tulsa2011035.jpg

Daves son and his display. It is good to see new and younger people getting involved. This young man did a great job and has inspired the RCA to possibly start a JR. class.

Tulsa2011027.jpg

Rod and his display. Rod has blessed us in the past years with several great displays and this one was no exception. Another great job and very well done Rodney (RadicalRod)
Tulsa2011024.jpg

Jerry and his display.

Tulsa2011025.jpg

A very nice #3 display.

Tulsa2011041-1.jpg

For all the show results and more photo's they will be in one of the up comming RCA journals. We also had our leadership meeting after the awards dinner and looks like there are some exciting new things in the works. If you are not a member and enjoy Ruger collecting you need to join the RCA. The Ruger Collectors Journal is published quarterly. Membership dues are $30.00 per year. You may make checks payable to:

Ruger Collectors' Association
P.O. Box 240
Greens Farms, CT 06838

Also visit the web site at:
http://www.rugercollectorsassociation.com.

We all had a great time and encourage folks to participate in showing displays. Look forward to 2012 RCA sanctioned shows in Boise, ID - Harrisburg, PA - Puyallup, WA and Tulsa, OK next year.

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
These are a group of knock out displays. Family commitments prevented me from attending this year. Vince, you have really stepped up with that great display of Supers. Sorry that I missed seeing your display in person. I think the quality and rarity continues to grow.
Dave L. also is to be thanked for his hard work before and during the show. Great job, Dave. I plan to see everyone in Harrisburg, Pa. in March. Brass Frame/Lee

Terry T

Buckeye
Very Nice! But.....no double action displays? :shock:
Hmmmmm..... Maybe next year! :D
Terry T

contender

Ruger Guru
Once again, truly excellent displays, and friendly faces to match! I am constantly amazed at the rare Rugers & stuff that gets put out & displayed. It's WHY I love to display myself, sharing all of this!

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
Thanks for posting the pictures and report Rick. It lets those of us who can't make the trip see some top notch displays.

flattop44

Buckeye
Great pics Rick, thanks for taking and posting them!! It was indeed a fine group of displays and a fun time.

FT44

radicalrod

Hunter
Yep, I never leave home without it.....Chads little white book is in my left rear pocket....also a must.....ya really think I can remember all my numbers :lol: :lol: :lol: or all the "RARE" variation :roll: :roll: :roll: if I get stumped I just walk over to Jerrys table and verify what a RARE and SCARCE Ruger looks like :shock: :shock: :shock: I think he has every one made....you all should stop by sometime....sure is a lot of fun....RR