Trying a little archery felt on my clip carry.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I decided to use some peel and stick felt on my P11 with the carry clip. I really hope it holds up since I can't even feel the gun inside my waistband.
IMG_20230203_121406322.jpg
IMG_20230203_121415107.jpg

transplant

Bearcat
Hi, been looking at a clip for my lcpmax.. 30 years of use on your p11so you obviously like it, Is it difficult to draw, being able to get some fingers on the grip? Thanks for posting this about something I'm looking into.

Mike J

Hunter
OK with no trigger protection?
I've never carried without a holster but a Kel-Tec P-11 has a long hard trigger pull. There is an increased chance that if the trigger were to hang on anything you would feel it & quit pushing the gun into your pants before it went off. The little Kel-Tec is a true double action only with a shrouded hammer. I used to have one but moved on some time ago. It worked.
Some people carry Glocks similarly but there is a gadget (I think that is what it is called they use to cover the trigger guard. The gadget has a lanyard that goes around your belt so if you draw it come off but it is safe when shoved into your waistband.

Hi, been looking at a clip for my lcpmax.. 30 years of use on your p11so you obviously like it, Is it difficult to draw, being able to get some fingers on the grip? Thanks for posting this about something I'm looking into.
A lot of work went into it but once done it's been adequate. It's been rattle canned and wrapped. I did the meltdown with a belt sander. Draw isn't bad. I have to pull it up with thumb and forefinger before grasping. It's about discretion not speed. It's been Fluffed, Buffed I crushed the slide a few thou and lapped in the bolt, barrel etc to get reasonable accuracy. I recently upgraded to the Max9 with a crimson trace. My Gen1 LCP is still my go anywhere pocket rocket.

Rat76

Single-Sixer

The rear sight makes a handy thumb catch. Grip the gun with your thumb on the rear sight & your second & ring fingers catching the bottom of the grip. The pinkie extension helps with this.

The extension on this gun is the full KT extension. I later cut it down until it is just past the middle of my little finger as shown in the second pic.

1676122841942.jpeg

I carried IWB for several years then switched to this holster. The clip is still there for retention.

1676122922960.jpeg

Hvymax, if you have problems with the clip pins loosening up you might try the "Zullo74 Belt Clip Pin Fix" Two nylon tubes from your local hardware store.

The tubes replace the metal pins & the screws screw into the tube making the connection essentially a nylon locknut. The stress is carried in shear at the hole in the frame by the screw & tube.

Zullo got banned on KTOG a LONG time ago but the fix works & works quite well.

Hankus

Single-Sixer
This is how I roll with my LCP; just drop it into a cargo pocket …

Attachments

• 57E07FAC-A59F-409F-8C87-1647293AFDB3.jpeg
    57E07FAC-A59F-409F-8C87-1647293AFDB3.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 62

transplant

Bearcat
Rat76, thanks for the method of using the rear sight to start lifting the pistol. Hvymax, you said what I was looking for, "discretion not speed". My pockets tend to be deep and I'm not comfortable with the gun and holster down there. I'll definitely be trying this. Thanks for your replies.

Mike J

Hunter
Hvymax you are messing with me by posting stuff about the P-11. I've been wanting something smaller for Appendix carry. I was looking at the Shield Plus. I ran across a Sccy CPX-2 with a Crimson Trace red dot sight for $199.95. From what I understand it appears to be a Kel-Tec P-11 with maybe a little better fit & finish. I know it wouldn't be the nicest pistol but if reliable should be good enough & not a huge loss if something happened to it. I haven't made my mind up.

The rear sight makes a handy thumb catch. Grip the gun with your thumb on the rear sight & your second & ring fingers catching the bottom of the grip. The pinkie extension helps with this.

The extension on this gun is the full KT extension. I later cut it down until it is just past the middle of my little finger as shown in the second pic.

View attachment 16248

I carried IWB for several years then switched to this holster. The clip is still there for retention.

View attachment 16249

Hvymax, if you have problems with the clip pins loosening up you might try the "Zullo74 Belt Clip Pin Fix" Two nylon tubes from your local hardware store.

The tubes replace the metal pins & the screws screw into the tube making the connection essentially a nylon locknut. The stress is carried in shear at the hole in the frame by the screw & tube.

Zullo got banned on KTOG a LONG time ago but the fix works & works quite well.
Keep Locktight Ready!

Hvymax you are messing with me by posting stuff about the P-11. I've been wanting something smaller for Appendix carry. I was looking at the Shield Plus. I ran across a Sccy CPX-2 with a Crimson Trace red dot sight for $199.95. From what I understand it appears to be a Kel-Tec P-11 with maybe a little better fit & finish. I know it wouldn't be the nicest pistol but if reliable should be good enough & not a huge loss if something happened to it. I haven't made my mind up.
Yeah the SCCY is a solid option for what I paid for the Crimson Trace on my Max9.