True pocket carry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've found these guns are very easy to slip in and out of your pocket and to carry comfortably. I've got 3 ruger lcr's but unless you got the small boot grips or these crimson trace grips to me they don't go in and out of the pocket very well. The grips that comes on them are to thick and sticky but they are very good View attachment 11470for shooting.View attachment 11472

BearBiologist

Buckeye
I agree on the G43/48. Also, I wear cargo pants and a G26/27 fits well. The G29SF is a little large. I also had a S7W 38 and a S&W 49 that carried well but were a little bulky.

I have carried 3 of those in a pocket and several more not shown. I made some holsters and purchased some special inside the pocket holsters. Requirements of that style of holster is to keep it orientated so when grabbing and pulling gun out it's positioned to be ready to fire. Also, the holster needs to stay in the pocket while drawing the gun.

jkingrph

Bearcat
I have carried 3 of those in a pocket and several more not shown. I made some holsters and purchased some special inside the pocket holsters. Requirements of that style of holster is to keep it orientated so when grabbing and pulling gun out it's positioned to be ready to fire. Also, the holster needs to stay in the pocket while drawing the gun.
That's ideal. I carry a Sig P938, condition 1. I use a wallet holster made by Red Dog Leather. It is a very thin leather that has a flap that folds around the gun butt so if it shows in the pocket it looks like a very large wallet. It is so slick as the whole holster comes out quickly, and I can get my gun out and free of the holster quicker than some of the holsters I have tried that stay in the pocket. Bottom line is if you need to get the gun into action fast, open carry, concealed is going to be slow, much slower. Another way I carry with a slightly larger gun is IWB with a tuckable . with the shirt tucked in you still need two hands, one to untuck one to draw. Nothing is perfect, other than actually carrying the gun in your hand, and I don't think that is legal.

buckaroo

Banned
I do think it requires a very good pocket carry holster.

Nope ! But I would never do it without a safety on a semi-automatic. The only time I ever use a pocket holster for my EC9s is if I want less printing. When I'm going to P.O. and such. Daily routine out and about never use one. But no way in hell would I ever carry it without having the safety on it, because it's got one of the finest triggers out of the box ever experience, meaning it's lite. And when I own an LCR I never used a holster. And all my handguns I have ever own where pocket carry be it front or back, from a Glock 30 to even a S&W Governor. I have built my wardrobe around pocket carry.

And the only reasons I went to the EC9s from the LCR is for quicker reloads and the EC9s carry's better without printing as much. But I will never completely trust it like I did a revolver and the LCR is the finest snubby ever made with a trigger just as good as the EC9s.

I pocket carry more than I carry in any other way. I use a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster for my S&W 642 or my Ruger LC9s. The only downsides to pocket carry, in my opinion, are that while sitting (such as when driving a car), access to the gun would be difficult at best, and two, I have fewer places to carry the rest of my daily gear ( wallet, keys, phone, knife). I wear jeans about 95% of the time, and the Desantis stays in place in all but one pair of jeans. That one pair has overly large front pockets and the holster does sometimes turn a bit which would slow down drawing the gun if needed.

I agree that the LCP is an ultra concealable pistol. I had one, but hated to shoot it because of how snappy it was, and my accuracy with it was terrible, even at very close distances.

KS25-06

Single-Sixer
I carry a 642 in the pocket of my Levis. I have tried 3 pocket holsters and do not like them because they gouge me in the groin area when sitting. Have two speed loaders in left pocket. During warm weather carry another one in my hip pocket around our property with CCI snake loads. Great for rattlesnakes.

My S&W .38's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 42
I agree that the LCP is an ultra concealable pistol. I had one, but hated to shoot it because of how snappy it was, and my accuracy with it was terrible, even at very close distances.
I too found the LCP II to be snappy. I installed a laser and now have no need to find sights after a shot. At 15 feet, where the light is is where the bullet goes.

I too found the LCP II to be snappy. I installed a laser and now have no need to find sights after a shot. At 15 feet, where the light is is where the bullet goes.
My youngest daughters favorite handgun was the LCP when she was 8. You would need a prescription for Growaset before trying a Micro 9. It's basic physics. Anything you would want to carry you probably wouldn't want to shoot and visa versa

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
The only things in my pockets are a wallet, my keys, and a clip on knife. Sidearm is OWB. That's the extent of my interest in hauling stuff around. :)

The only things in my pockets are a wallet, my keys, and a clip on knife. Sidearm is OWB. That's the extent of my interest in hauling stuff around. :)
America! I hear it's nice. Unless I want to be face down, handcuffed and disarmed and ask questions later I try to be discreet. LCP in the pocket beats a 1911 in the safe. I'm making a cargo pocket/IWB rig for my Max9.

Latest posts