Trouble in Rugerville

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hutchman

Blackhawk
I posted about 2 weeks ago that I had ordered an NR-9L and when it came in it had rust inside and out. Today I went to pick up the replacement NR-9L and guess what ........it is rusty too. Not as bad as the first one, but crap a new gun shouldn't be rusty at all. This is the third Single Six they have received in the last month with rust issues.

Since the distributor stated they were only in their warehouse for about 2 weeks, it sure sounds to me like it is a Ruger problem. It really makes me wonder about Ruger's QC.

FWIW, I brought home a new Charger instead. The dist. was out of the SSs and I decided it was better to have a new play toy rather than wait on another rusty SS.......

hutchman

Blackhawk
HAWKEYE#28":2ycbpf3z said:
Someone needs to call Ruger with the SN of the three noted revolvers so they can get a handle on the issue............... 8) :roll:

Methinks that has already occurred. Neither the dealer nor the distributor are very happy........

Considering the crap is apparently concentrated on the inside, it almost makes me wonder if it isn't somehow intentional . . . and that would be an uncomfortable development.

:shock:

hutchman

Blackhawk
The rust appears to be coming out of the base pin and sliming it's way down into the internals. In addition though, all of these guns had rust on the outside which not just surface rust. It was into the metal of the frame such that if cleaned, there would be pitting....

This is sad........

I guess this could happen in isolated cases, but this appears to be in a run of Single Sixes.

hutchman

Blackhawk
Someone else mentioned bluing slats and that might be the case. You would think that the bluing process would be close to perfected by this time........

I just wonder how many of these are out there. There must be quite a few.......I just can't imaging that I personally received 50% of the total with this problem. I couldn't be that lucky........could I?

I've said that one before, no need for US to be the "guinea pigs" for the company,,,,,,on our dime.......
my guess from seeing the pictures was 'bleeding' from not enough time for the parts to have been "neutralized" after they were 'blued'....see this happen from time to time in other guns also......too much of a hurry? maybe 'new' folks in the department? change in the "process? it will NOT show up for days, so 'QC" would not see it immediately..........

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I agree with Ale-8 here, I'm sorry to say. This isn't just "unstopped bluing gone awry". This almost sounds intentional, as if some disgruntled employee is dousing guns ready for shipment with bleach, or something. Guns don't just develop liquid sludgy rust internally on their own.

Either that, or their storing the guns at the bottom of the lake.

-- Sam

M'BOGO

Buckeye
We are hearing stories of extra shifts at factories and record sales. They may have inexperienced new hires, or tired people "multi-tasking". No excuse either way, This is one of those "don't make excuses, make it right" situations.

docdc

Bearcat
rugerguy":26djb8eb said:
I've said that one before, no need for US to be the "guinea pigs" for the company,,,,,,on our dime.......
my guess from seeing the pictures was 'bleeding' from not enough time for the parts to have been "neutralized" after they were 'blued'....see this happen from time to time in other guns also......too much of a hurry? maybe 'new' folks in the department? change in the "process? it will NOT show up for days, so 'QC" would not see it immediately..........

I agree with Dan 'cause.........I like Dan.

Dan, I had a little incident involving a stent and a cardiologist since I last saw you. I'll chat with you when I can make the next show.

Doc