Trigger work gp 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pinecone

Blackhawk
johnbh, Welcome to the forum. I recommend you look around in your local area for a good "competent" gunsmith to do this job. It is a relatively easy task and the custom "Big Boy" gunsmiths will charge you an arm and a leg. If you do find a local gunsmith, ask him for some references to get a feel of "his" work. Gun shows are a good source of info on local gunsmiths and what work they can or cannot do professionally!........................Dick :wink:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
What exactly is a combat trigger? I would think a combat trigger would be a somewhat heavy but smooth trigger pull in double-action and a 3-5lb crisp single-action pull. I think most stock GP's will give you that after a good break-in period. It is pretty easy to replace the springs if you want something lighter. A target trigger might require a smith to polish and smooth the action and adjust the sear how you want it. Just my 2 cents. :D

...JImbo

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Jimbo357mag, A "combat" trigger could be many things to many different people but with the police and military people I worked with, a combat trigger was one with smooth, rounded edges (no serrations or sharp corners) and a smooth easy pull in double-action to enable the shooter to keep on the target in fast double action mode...................Dick :wink:

GP100man

Buckeye
Google IBOK Iowegans explains it simple enuff & the GP is one of the easiest to disassemble , just do the trigger group in a gallon zip loc bag!!

johnbh

Bearcat
What i was told , and i found it on this forum, it's staging and shoot any kind of ammo. I also dried fire the gun over 2000 times. i found a gunsmith he ck it out I'm @ 10 lbs and it's smooth. Single action felt good except a little creeing. he told me he could bring it down to 8.5 but might not feel a real difference. I thanked him for his honesty.
Thanks for the responses

rugerbh73

Bearcat
Clark in North Louisiana does "combat" trigger work. They offer target trigger work as well. If I was a double action kind of guy, I'd probably send my stuff to them. I'm pretty sure Jim Clark's son is still running the place. This is also the place where Jerry Miculek used to live and work. I think he was married to Jim Clark's daughter. The only DA I have seen that was worked on there had a target trigger job. It was something special, but required soft primers to be absolutely reliable. If you're old enough, you probably know about the great 1911's that came through their shop.

Good luck, I hope this helps.