Trigger reset -SR9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

810wmb

Single-Sixer
i just got back from shooting a few rounds. my trigger didn't reset once. i had to pull it forward to reset it. this has never happened before. i shot about 15 more rounds after, no problem.

soooooo, what causes this?

JAP78

Bearcat
don't know what causes it exactly........I've had to send my sr9 back twice. See my past posts titled sr9 issues to get the full rundown. I haven't had any issues 400 rds or so, post second repair......

good luck with yours.

Jeff

Vecco

Single-Sixer
I had to send mine back to a trigerr rest probalme that happend in the first 200 rounds. That was before the trigger recall. I have not had any probelms since then

810wmb

Single-Sixer
this is the first time it has happened to me - 1500 rounds or so...i'm hoping it's a fluke.

i am seriously thinking about the trigger upgrade when it's ready.

waterwolf

Bearcat
Call Ruger, order 2-3 trigger bar lift springs, and possibly a trigger bar reset. Pay for them, they can't be more than a couple of dollars. This is the weak spot in the SR9, when you really look at how the lift bar operates, you will understand why the spring is so important.

I have had significant issues with trigger resets. Always fixed by spring replacement. Follow stickys here on how to disassemble the guts.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
waterwolf":10x4obbv said:
Call Ruger, order 2-3 trigger bar lift springs, and possibly a trigger bar reset. Pay for them, they can't be more than a couple of dollars. This is the weak spot in the SR9, when you really look at how the lift bar operates, you will understand why the spring is so important.

I have had significant issues with trigger resets. Always fixed by spring replacement. Follow stickys here on how to disassemble the guts.

Was that trigger reset problem only with the OLD style trigger ?? Thanks for your replies!