Trigger Job For PC Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

22/45 Fan

Hunter
My PC Carbine's factory trigger (4-1/2 pounds with a little creep) is far better than the factory 10/22 triggers I'm familiar (6-1/2 to 7 pounds with a lot of creep) with but I was wondering if anyone does a trigger job on them. The PCC trigger shares a lot with the 10/22 trigger group so I wonder if the places that do 10/22 triggers could work in the PCC.

I e-mailed Brimstone Gunsmithing a while ago but haven't gotten a reply. I'm not sure I really want a 2 pound trigger pull like they provide on their 10/22 triggers but maybe a clean 3 pounds or so would be a worthwhile improvement.

9x19

Hunter
I've not had the chance to take one apart, but it looks like Ruger used the 10/22 hammer/sear (possibly trigger/disconnect as well ~ the hammer spring and strut appear the same) in a different housing with a different slide stop and magazine catch.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I heard from Volquartsen in response to my question about using their 10/22 hammer and sear in the PC Carbine trigger group. Apparently, the PC's trigger mechanism is similar to but not identical to the 10/22 so current VQ parts won't work. However, they are developing replacement parts for the PC Carbine trigger group so they should have something in the near (I don't know how near) future.

with the way these rifles seem to be selling the folks at Volquartsen would be crazy not to develop a kit to do this. I have several 10/22s with their hammer and sear stuff on them and the triggers are sweet. Then again, you would also expect Ruger to pull the same thing that they have done with the 10/22 and offer a 'new and improved' trigger group for your PCC 9. I'm holding out for when they have a Ruger P series insert and Sig P226 one.....

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I agree VQ should be able to develop PCC parts pretty quickly and this will be a significant market for them. It will also be VQ's first accessory for any centerfire rifle or pistol. However, I don't think Ruger will offer a "BX trigger" replacement since the stock trigger is already far better than the factory 10/22 trigger.

As to other mag inserts, I think Ruger considers the P-series a dead issue so an insert for those magazines is unlikely. I agree insert for Sig mags, the P226 and/or P320, and for S&W's M&P would broaden the PCC's appeal a lot.