Trigger adjustment

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dennis

Single-Sixer
Hello,

I just picked up a Ruger Hawkeye FTW Predator in .308 Win. The Ruger website says this rifle has an adjustable trigger, but I don't know how to do it - any suggestions? I did not see anything in the owner's manual and I am a bit mechanically challenged anyway. I may not actually adjust the trigger, but I would like to know that it can be done and how to do it.

Thanks,
Dennis

TBear77

Single-Sixer
If you remove the action from the stock and look at the front of the trigger assembly you will see 3 set screws.

The top screw (closest to the action) is the Trigger Adjust Screw which adjusts the weight of pull.
The middle screw is the trigger overtravel screw.
The bottom screw is the sear engagement screw.

Ruger set the screws to what they consider the minimum safe positions. They advise that the screws shouldn't be readjusted.

Hope this helps,
Ted

Dennis

Single-Sixer
TBear77 said:
If you remove the action from the stock and look at the front of the trigger assembly you will see 3 set screws.

The top screw (closest to the action) is the Trigger Adjust Screw which adjusts the weight of pull.
The middle screw is the trigger overtravel screw.
The bottom screw is the sear engagement screw.

Ruger set the screws to what they consider the minimum safe positions. They advise that the screws shouldn't be readjusted.

Hope this helps,
Ted
Ted,

Yes, that helps. If it ain't broke, which it isn't, don't try to fix it. :)

Cheers,
Dennis