Trigger adjustment screw replacement for older M-77 rifles

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MAC702

Single-Sixer
I don't remember this being discussed. I just went to the Ruger website to get a current manual for my older M-77V to see what the current prices are for parts (I need the sling swivel studs).

Anyway, before the first page of the PDF manual, there is a "recall" notice to get a new trigger adjustment screw from Ruger to prevent misfires if the screw comes out of adjustment: http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/PDF/Instr ... als/45.pdf

Should I do this? I've never had a problem with this rifle (.220 Swift) and don't care to identify myself and rifle serial number even to the factory unless it's that important.

For that matter, how many of what exact parts do I need if I order from Numrich? I lost my sling swivel studs so long ago, I don't remember if I need separate washers (perhaps called escutcheons), and they don't list M-77 parts, but will M-77 Mark II parts be identical here?

TBear77

Single-Sixer
The trigger overtravel adjustment screw is just a replacement part. Ironically they don't keep track of the serial numbers; they even sent me one for my 77/22 by mistake (long story).
The replacement part is just a nylox allen head screw.

The M77's I have don't have the white spacer/washer. The M77 MkII parts are identical.

Ted

Latest posts