Treed ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FastEd

Hunter
RIVERSIDE, OH, Home of the Air Force Museum
I wonder how long it took this lion to realize that this was not a tree...

13yqjh3.jpg

H.H. Hipshot

Single-Sixer
That looks like a 7000 Volt power line. Might not do anything except be prepared for fried kitty for supper.

HHH

stevemb

Hunter
Well, the ole mtn men said, cougar was good eatin' ! right up thar with buff tongue and beaver tail. Sign me up. Already had, and agree with the 'buff tongue and beaver tail. Burp, steve

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Likely would get down just the way it got up there. Ever see a dead cat in a tree?

My male, in his younger days used to scale our pine tree out front after squirrels. The wife was always freaking out when she saw him thirty or forty feet up. One day when he was on his way down I called her outside to watch. He just crawled back down backward digging his claws in and stepping down just like we would go down a ladder backwards. Of course about ten or twelve feed up he leapt from the tree with said squirrel in his mouth.

Animals do sometimes get stuck, but it's a rarity. Best one I've seen was a cat stuck in a storm drain. Actually in the vault that the cuts in curbs drain into. We couldn't entice it out. So our old Asst. Fire Chief went over got a CO2 extinguisher and fired it off into the vault. Sure as shootin' the cat came right out. Oh, we were reported to the base OPs folks for mistreating the cat. Accomplish what folks want and they still complain. Most on site got a real good laugh out of it. At least there was no cause for our Station Captain to pull the marsh mellows out of his pocket and ask if anyone had a hanger. But that's another story.

RonSwanson

Bearcat
That circuit is dead, or the cat would be. His left front leg is well within arcing distance of the middle phase at 7200 volts. And given the wide conductor spacing between phases I suspect a higher voltage than 7200.

Latest posts